Excerpt from "My Kid Could Paint That," directed by Amir Bar

Excerpt from "My Kid Could Paint That," directed by Amir Bar

Postby admin » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:16 am

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

"My Kid Could Paint That," directed by Amir Bar-Lev

[Stuart Simpson, Marla Collector] I'm 60. I've been around the block. I've been in and out of art and galleries and stuff all of my life.

And I have never seen one little person affect the art community, and people around the world, as much as this little girl has done, and continues to do.

When I bought the paintings, I knew exactly where they were going to go. And my wife agreed.

I knew that this 4-year-old needed to sit right about the Renoir sculpture. So we have the young master and the old master, all in the same corner and just kind of co-mingling.

Truth be known, I would have paid any price for Bottom Feeder. I was that much in love with it.

What I love about Bottom Feeder is there's a green pathway leading up to a blue door, and on the left side, you can see there's a person looking out into this blue sky. And on the other side, on the right side of the doorframe, there's another person looking back in.

And then, I looked a little more closely and up above the doorframe, the doorjamb, you can see a very clear baby's face, with a forehead and the nose and the eyes, like a sonogram. I don't know what that means. I'm not sure. I mean, I have my own spiritual thoughts about it. I asked about it, at the time that Marla was there.

I said, "Did you see the little door?" and she kind of goes, "No." Marla, you know. And then off she goes.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Stuart Simpson, Art Collector