THE PROVERBS OF SOLOMON by Solomon, Son of David, King of I

The impulse to believe the absurd when presented with the unknowable is called religion. Whether this is wise or unwise is the domain of doctrine. Once you understand someone's doctrine, you understand their rationale for believing the absurd. At that point, it may no longer seem absurd. You can get to both sides of this conondrum from here.

Re: THE PROVERBS OF SOLOMON by Solomon, Son of David, King

Postby admin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 am

Proverbs 29

1 A man that hardeneth his neck when he is rebuked, shall suddenly be destroyed and cannot be cured.

2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people sigh.

3 A man that loveth wisdom, rejoiceth his father: but he that feedeth harlots, wasteth his substance.

4 A King by judgment maintaineth ye country: but a man receiving gifts, destroyeth it.

5 A man that flattereth his neighbor, spreadeth a net for his steps.

6 In the transgression of an evil man is his snare: but the righteous doeth sing and rejoice.

7 The righteous knoweth the cause of the poor: but the wicked regardeth not knowledge.

8 Scornful men bring a city into a snare: but wise men turn away wrath.

9 If a wise man contend with a foolish man, whether he be angry or laugh, there is no rest.

10 Bloody men hate him that is upright: but the just have care of his soul.

11 A fool poureth out all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterward.

12 Of a prince that hearkeneth to lies, all his servants are wicked.

13 The poor and the usurer meet together, and the Lord lighteneth both their eyes.

14 A King that judgeth the poor in truth, his throne shall be established forever.

15 The rod and correction give wisdom: but a child set a liberty, maketh his mother ashamed.

16 When the wicked are increased, transgression increaseth: but ye righteous shall see their fall.

17 Correct thy son and he will give thee rest, and will give pleasures to thy soul.

18 Where there is no vision, the people decay: but he that keepeth the Law, is blessed.

19 A servant will not be chastised with words: though he understand, yet he will not answer.

20 Seest thou a man hasty in his matters? there is more hope of a fool, than of him.

21 He that delicately bringeth up his servant from youth, at length he will be even as his son.

22 An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in transgression.

23 The pride of a man shall bring him low: but the humble in spirit shall enjoy glory.

24 He that is partner with a thief, hateth his own soul: he heareth cursing, and declareth it not.

25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but he that trusteth in the Lord, shall be exalted.

26 Many do seek the face of the ruler: but every man’s judgment cometh from the Lord.

27 A wicked man is abomination to the just, and he that is upright in his way, is abomination to the wicked.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:30 am

Proverbs 30

1 THE WORDS OF AGUR THE SON OF JAKEH. The prophecy which ye man spake unto Ithiel, even to Ithiel, and Ucal.

2 Surely I am more foolish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man in me.

3 For I have not learned wisdom, nor attained to the knowledge of holy things.

4 Who hath ascended up to heaven, and descended? Who hath gathered the wind in his fist? Who hath bound the waters in a garment? Who hath established all the ends of the world? What is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?

5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield to those, that trust in him.

6 Put nothing unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

7 Two things have I required of thee: deny me them not before I die.

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me not poverty, nor riches: feed me with food convenient for me,

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor and steal, and take the Name of my God in vain.

10 Accuse not a servant unto his master, lest he curse thee, when thou hast offended.

11 There is a generation that curseth their father, and doeth not bless their mother.

12 There is a generation that are pure in their own conceit, and yet are not washed from their filthiness.

13 There is a generation, whose eyes are haughty, and their eye lids are lifted up.

14 There is a generation, whose teeth are as swords, and their chaws as knives to eat up the afflicted out of the earth, and the poor from among men.

15 The horseleach hath two daughters which cry, Give, give. There be three things that will not be satisfied: yea, four that say not, It is enough.

16 The grave, and the barren womb, the earth that cannot be satisfied with water, and the fire that saith not, It is enough.

17 The eye that mocketh his father and despiseth the instruction of his mother, let ye ravens of the valley pick it out, and the young eagles eat it.

18 There be three things hid from me: yea, four that I know not,

19 The way of an eagle in the air, the way of a serpent upon a stone, ye way of a ship in ye midst of the sea, and the way of a man with a maid.

20 Such is ye way also of an adulterous woman: she eateth and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have not committed iniquity.

21 For three things the earth is moved: yea, for four it cannot sustain itself:

22 For a servant when he reigneth, and a fool when he is filled with meat,

23 For the hateful woman, when she is married, and for a handmaid that is heir to her mistress.

24 These be four small things in the earth, yet they are wise and full of wisdom:

25 The pismires a people not strong, yet prepare they their meat in summer:

26 The conies a people not mighty, yet make their houses in the rock:

27 The grasshopper hath no King, yet go they forth all by bands:

28 The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in King’s palaces.

29 There be three things that order well their going: yea, four are comely in going,

30 A lion which is strong among beasts, and turneth not at the sight of any:

31 A lusty greyhound, and a goat, and a King against whom there is no rising up.

32 If thou hast been foolish in lifting thyself up, and if thou hast thought wickedly, lay thine hand upon thy mouth.

33 When one churneth milk, he bringeth forth butter: and he that wringeth his nose, causeth blood to come out: so he that forceth wrath, bringeth forth strife.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:30 am

Proverbs 31

1 THE WORDS OF KING LEMUEL: The prophecy which his mother taught him.

2 What my son! and what ye son of my womb! and what, O son of my desires!

3 Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways, which is to destroy Kings.

4 It is not for Kings, O Lemuel, it is not for Kings to drink wine nor for princes strong drink,

5 Lest he drink and forget the decree, and change the judgment of all the children of affliction.

6 Give ye strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto them that have grief of heart.

7 Let him drink, that he may forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

8 Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all the children of destruction.

9 Open thy mouth: judge righteously, and judge the afflicted, and the poor.

10 Who shall find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above the pearls.

11 The heart of her husband trusteth in her, and he shall have no need of spoil.

12 She will do him good, and not evil all the days of her life.

13 She seeketh wool and flax, and laboreth cheerfully with her hands.

14 She is like the ships of merchants: she bringeth her food from afar.

15 And she riseth, while it is yet night: and giveth the portion to her household, and the ordinary to her maids.

16 She considereth a field, and getteth it: and with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.

17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.

18 She feeleth that her merchandise is good: her candle is not put out by night.

19 She putteth her hands to the weave, and her hands handle the spindle.

20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor, and putteth forth her hands to the needy.

21 She feareth not the snow for her family: for all her family is clothed with scarlet.

22 She maketh herself carpets: fine linen and purple is her garment.

23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth with the Elders of the land.

24 She maketh sheets, and selleth them, and giveth girdles unto the merchant.

25 Strength and honor is her clothing, and in the latter day she shall rejoice.

26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom, and the law of grace is in her tongue.

27 She overseeth the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

28 Her children rise up, and call her blessed: her husband also shall praise her, saying,

29 Many daughters have done virtuously: but thou surmountest them all.

30 Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vanity: but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised.

31 Give her of the fruit of her hands, and let her own works praise her in the gates.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Religion and Cults