THE PROVERBS OF SOLOMON by Solomon, Son of David, King of I

The impulse to believe the absurd when presented with the unknowable is called religion. Whether this is wise or unwise is the domain of doctrine. Once you understand someone's doctrine, you understand their rationale for believing the absurd. At that point, it may no longer seem absurd. You can get to both sides of this conondrum from here.

Re: THE PROVERBS OF SOLOMON by Solomon, Son of David, King

Postby admin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:27 am

Proverbs 19

1 Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that abuseth his lips, and is a fool.

2 For without knowledge the mind is not good, and he that hasteth with his feet, sinneth.

3 The foolishness of a man perverteth his way, and his heart fretteth against the Lord.

4 Riches gather many friends: but the poor is separated from his neighbor.

5 A false witness shall not be unpunished: and he that speaketh lies, shall not escape.

6 Many reverence the face of the prince, and every man is friend to him that giveth gifts.

7 All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more will his friends depart far from him? though he be instant with words, yet they will not.

8 He that possesseth understanding, loveth his own soul, and keepeth wisdom to find goodness.

9 A false witness shall not be unpunished: and he that speaketh lies, shall perish.

10 Pleasure is not comely for a fool, much less for a servant to have rule over princes.

11 The discretion of man deferreth his anger: and his glory is to pass by an offence.

12 The King’s wrath is like the roaring of a lion: but his favor is like the dew upon ye grass.

13 A foolish son is the calamity of his father, and the contentions of a wife are like a continual dropping.

14 House and riches are the inheritance of the fathers: but a prudent wife cometh of the Lord.

15 Slothfulness causeth to fall asleep, and a deceitful person shall be affamished.

16 He that keepeth the commandment, keepeth his own soul: but he that despiseth his ways, shall die.

17 He that hath mercy upon the poor, lendeth unto the Lord: and the Lord will recompense him that which he hath given.

18 Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his murmuring.

19 A man of much anger shall suffer punishment: and though thou deliver him, yet will his anger come again.

20 Hear counsel and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

21 Many devices are in a man’s heart: but the counsel of the Lord shall stand.

22 That which is to be desired of a man, is his goodness, and a poor man is better than a liar.

23 The fear of the Lord leadeth to life: and he that is filled therewith, shall continue, and shall not be visited with evil.

24 The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom, and will not put it to his mouth again.

25 Smite a scorner, and the foolish will beware: and reprove the prudent, and he will understand knowledge.

26 He that destroyeth his father, or chaseth away his mother, is a lewd and shameful child.

27 My son, hear no more the instruction, that causeth to err from ye words of knowledge.

28 A wicked witness mocketh at judgment, and the mouth of ye wicked swalloweth up iniquity.

29 But judgments are prepared for the scorners, and stripes for the back of the fools.
admin
Site Admin

Proverbs 20

1 Wine is a mocker and strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby, is not wise.

2 The fear of the King is like the roaring of a lion: he that provoketh him unto anger, sinneth against his own soul.

3 It is a man’s honor to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.

4 The slothful will not plow, because of winter: therefore shall he beg in summer, but have nothing.

5 The counsel in the heart of man is like deep waters: but a man that hath understanding, will draw it out.

6 Many men will boast, every one of his own goodness: but who can find a faithful man?

7 He that walketh in his integrity, is just: and blessed shall his children be after him.

8 A King that sitteth in the throne of judgment, chaseth away all evil with his eyes.

9 Who can say, I have made mine heart clean, I am clean from my sin?

10 Divers weights, and divers measures, both these are even abomination unto the Lord.

11 A child also is known by his doings, whether his work be pure and right.

12 The Lord hath made both these, even the ear to hear, and the eye to see.

13 Love not sleep lest thou come unto poverty: open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.

14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone apart, he boasteth.

15 There is gold, and a multitude of precious stones: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.

16 Take his garment, that is surety for a stranger, and a pledge of him for the stranger.

17 The bread of deceit is sweet to a man: but afterward his mouth shall be filled with gravel.

18 Establish the thoughts by counsel: and by counsel make war.

19 He that goeth about as a slanderer, discovereth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.

20 He that curseth his father or his mother, his light shall be put out in obscure darkness.

21 An heritage is hastily gotten at the beginning, but the end thereof shall not be blessed.

22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil: but wait upon the Lord, and he shall save thee.

23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the Lord, and deceitful balances are not good.

24 The steps of man are ruled by the Lord: how can a man then understand his own way?

25 It is a destruction for a man to devour that which is sanctified, and after the vows to inquire.

26 A wise King scattereth the wicked, and causeth the wheel to turn over them.

27 The light of the Lord is the breath of man, and searcheth all the bowels of the belly.

28 Mercy and truth preserve the King: for his throne shall be established with mercy.

29 The beauty of young men is their strength, and the glory of the aged is the gray head.

30 The blueness of the wound serveth to purge the evil, and the stripes within the bowels of the belly.
admin
Site Admin

Proverbs 21

1 The King’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of waters: he turneth it whithersoever it pleaseth him.

2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.

3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

4 A haughty look, and a proud heart, which is the light of the wicked, is sin.

5 The thoughts of the diligent do surely bring abundance: but whosoever is hasty, cometh surely to poverty.

6 The gathering of treasures by a deceitful tongue is vanity tossed to and fro of them that seek death.

7 The robbery of the wicked shall destroy them: for they have refused to execute judgment.

8 The way of some is perverted and strange: but of the pure man, his work is right.

9 It is better to dwell in a corner of the house top, than with a contentious woman in a wide house.

10 The soul of the wicked wisheth evil: and his neighbor hath no favor in his eyes.

11 When the scorner is punished, the foolish is wise: and when one instructeth the wise, he will receive knowledge.

12 The righteous teacheth the house of the wicked: but God overthroweth the wicked for their evil.

13 He that stoppeth his ear at the crying of the poor, he shall also cry and not be heard.

14 A gift in secret pacifieth anger, and a gift in the bosom great wrath.

15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

16 A man that wandereth out of the way of wisdom, shall remain in the congregation of the dead.

17 He that loveth pastime, shall be a poor man: and he that loveth wine and oil, shall not be rich.

18 The wicked shall be a ransom for the just, and the transgressor for the righteous.

19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and angry woman.

20 In the house of the wise is a pleasant treasure and oil: but a foolish man devoureth it.

21 He that followeth after righteousness and mercy, shall find life, righteousness, and glory.

22 A wise man goeth up into the city of the mighty, and casteth down the strength of the confidence thereof.

23 He that keepeth his mouth and his tongue, keepeth his soul from afflictions.

24 Proud, haughty and scornful is his name that worketh in his arrogancy wrath.

25 The desire of the slothful slayeth him: for his hands refuse to work.

26 He coveteth evermore greedily, but the righteous giveth and spareth not.

27 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination: how much more when he bringeth it with a wicked mind?

28 A false witness shall perish: but he that heareth, speaketh continually.

29 A wicked man hardeneth his face: but the just, he will direct his way.

30 There is no wisdom, neither understanding, nor counsel against the Lord.

31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but salvation is of the Lord.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:28 am

Proverbs 22

1 A good name is to be chosen above great riches, and loving favor is above silver and above gold.

2 The rich and poor meet together: the Lord is the maker of them all.

3 A prudent man seeth the plague, and hideth himself: but the foolish go on still, and are punished.

4 The reward of humility, and the fear of God is riches, and glory, and life.

5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: but he that regardeth his soul, will depart far from them.

6 Teach a child in the trade of his way, and when he is old, he shall not depart from it.

7 The rich ruleth the poor, and the borrower is servant to the man that lendeth.

8 He that soweth iniquity, shall reap affliction, and the rod of his anger shall fail.

9 He that hath a good eye, he shall be blessed: for he giveth of his bread unto the poor.

10 Cast out the scorner, and strife shall go out: so contention and reproach shall cease.

11 He that loveth pureness of heart for the grace of his lips, the King shall be his friend.

12 The eyes of the Lord preserve knowledge: but he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.

13 The slothful man saith, A lion is without, I shall be slain in the street.

14 The mouth of strange women is as a deep pit: he with whom the Lord is angry, shall fall therein.

15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child: but the rod of correction shall drive it away from him.

16 He that oppresseth the poor to increase himself, and giveth unto the rich, shall surely come to poverty.

17 Incline thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.

18 For it shall be pleasant, if thou keep them in thy belly, and if they be directed together in thy lips.

19 That thy confidence may be in the Lord, I have shewed thee this day: thou therefore take heed.

20 Have not I written unto thee three times in counsels and knowledge,

21 That I might shew thee the assurance of the words of truth to answer the words of truth to them that send to thee?

22 Rob not the poor, because he is poor, neither oppress the afflicted in judgment.

23 For the Lord will defend their cause, and spoil the soul of those that spoil them.

24 Make no friendship with an angry man, neither go with the furious man,

25 Lest thou learn his ways, and receive destruction to thy soul.

26 Be not thou of them that touch the hand, nor among them that are surety for debts.

27 If thou hast nothing to pay, why causest thou that he should take thy bed from under thee?

28 Thou shalt not remove the ancient bounds which thy fathers have made.

29 Thou seest that a diligent man in his business standeth before Kings, and standeth not before the base sort.
admin
Site Admin

Proverbs 23

1 When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee,

2 And put the knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to the appetite.

3 Be not desirous of his dainty meats: for it is a deceivable meat.

4 Travail not too much to be rich: but cease from thy wisdom.

5 Wilt thou cast thine eyes upon it, which is nothing? for riches taketh her to her wings, as an eagle, and flieth into the heaven.

6 Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire his dainty meats.

7 For as though he thought it in his heart, so will he say unto thee, Eat and drink: but his heart is not with thee.

8 Thou shalt vomit thy morsels that thou hast eaten, and thou shalt lose thy sweet words.

9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

10 Remove not the ancient bounds, and enter not into the fields of the fatherless.

11 For he that redeemeth them, is mighty: he will defend their cause against thee.

12 Apply thine heart to instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.

13 Withhold not correction from the child: if thou smite him with the rod, he shall not die.

14 Thou shalt smite him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

15 My son, if thine heart be wise, mine heart shall rejoice, and I also.

16 And my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak righteous things.

17 Let not thine heart be envious against sinners: but let it be in the fear of the Lord continually.

18 For surely there is an end, and thy hope shall not be cut off.

19 O thou my son, hear, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way.

20 Keep not company with drunkards, nor with gluttons.

21 For the drunkard and the glutton shall be poor, and the sleeper shall be clothed with rags.

22 Obey thy father that hath begotten thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.

23 Buy the truth, but sell it not: likewise wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

24 The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice, and he that begetteth a wise child, shall have joy of him.

25 Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice.

26 My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes delight in my ways.

27 For a whore is as a deep ditch, and a strange woman is as a narrow pit.

28 Also she lieth in wait as for a prey, and she increaseth the transgressors among men.

29 To whom is woe? to whom is sorrow? to whom is strife? to whom is murmuring? to whom are wounds without cause? and to whom is the redness of the eyes?

30 Even to them that tarry long at the wine, to them that go, and seek mixed wine.

31 Look not thou upon the wine, when it is red, and when it sheweth his color in the cup, or goeth down pleasantly.

32 In the end thereof it will bite like a serpent, and hurt like a cockatrice.

33 Thine eyes shall look upon strange women, and thine heart shall speak lewd things.

34 And thou shalt be as one that sleepeth in the midst of the sea, and as he that sleepeth in the top of the mast.

35 They have stricken me, shalt thou say, but I was not sick: they have beaten me, but I knew not, when I awoke: therefore will I seek it yet still.
admin
Site Admin

Proverbs 24

1 Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.

2 For their heart imagineth destruction, and their lips speak mischief.

3 Through wisdom is an house built, and with understanding it is established.

4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious, and pleasant riches.

5 A wise man is strong: for a man of understanding increaseth his strength.

6 For with counsel thou shalt enterprise thy war, and in the multitude of them that can give counsel, is health.

7 Wisdom is high to a fool: therefore he cannot open his mouth in the gate.

8 He that imagineth to do evil, men shall call him an author of wickedness.

9 The wicked thought of a fool is sin, and the scorner is an abomination unto men.

10 If thou be faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.

11 Deliver them that are drawn to death: wilt thou not preserve them that are led to be slain?

12 If thou say, Behold, we knew not of it: he that pondereth the hearts, doeth not he understand it? And he that keepeth thy soul, knoweth he it not? Will not he also recompense every man according to his works?

13 My son, eat honey, for it is good, and the honeycomb, for it is sweet unto thy mouth.

14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul, if thou find it, and there shall be an end, and thine hope shall not be cut off.

15 Lay no wait, O wicked man, against the house of the righteous, and spoil not his resting place.

16 For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth again: but the wicked fall into mischief.

17 Be thou not glad when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart rejoice when he stumbleth,

18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn his wrath from him.

19 Fret not thyself because of the malicious, neither be envious at the wicked.

20 For there shall be none end of plagues to the evil man: the light of the wicked shall be put out.

21 My son fear the Lord, and the King, and meddle not with them that are seditious.

22 For their destruction shall rise suddenly, and who knoweth the ruin of them both?

23 ALSO THESE THINGS PERTAIN TO THE WISE, It is not good to have respect of any person in judgment.

24 He that saith to the wicked, Thou art righteous, him shall the people curse, and the multitude shall abhor him.

25 But to them that rebuke him, shall be pleasure, and upon them shall come the blessing of goodness.

26 They shall kiss the lips of him that answereth upright words.

27 Prepare thy work without, and make ready thy things in the field, and after, build thine house.

28 Be not a witness against thy neighbor without cause: for wilt thou deceive with thy lips?

29 Say not, I will do to him, as he hath done to me, I will recompense every man according to his work.

30 I passed by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man destitute of understanding.

31 And lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.

32 Then I beheld, and I considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.

33 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep.

34 So thy poverty cometh as one that travaileth by the way, and thy necessity like an armed man.
admin
Site Admin

Proverbs 25

1 THESE ARE ALSO PARABLES of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah King of Judah copied out.

2 The glory of God is to conceal a thing secret: but the King’s honor is to search out a thing.

3 The heavens in height, and the earth in deepness, and the King’s heart can no man search out.

4 Take the dross from the silver, and there shall proceed a vessel for the finer.

5 Take away the wicked from the King, and his throne shall be established in righteousness.

6 Boast not thyself before the King, and stand not in the place of great men.

7 For it is better, that it be said unto thee, Come up hither, than thou to be put lower in the presence of the prince whom thine eyes have seen.

8 Go not forth hastily to strife, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbor hath put thee to shame.

9 Debate thy matter with thy neighbor, and discover not the secret to another,

10 Lest he that heareth it put thee to shame, and thine infamy do not cease.

11 A word spoken in his place, is like apples of gold with pictures of silver.

12 He that reproveth the wise, and the obedient ear, is as a golden earring and an ornament of fine gold.

13 As the cold of the snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger to them that send him: for he refresheth the soul of his masters.

14 A man that boasteth of false liberality, is like clouds and wind without rain.

15 A Prince is pacified by staying of anger, and a soft tongue breaketh the bones.

16 If thou have found honey, eat that is sufficient for thee, lest thou be overfull, and vomit it.

17 Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbor’s house, lest he be weary of thee, and hate thee.

18 A man that beareth false witness against his neighbor, is like an hammer and a sword, and a sharp arrow.

19 Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble, is like a broken tooth and a sliding foot.

20 He that taketh away the garment in the cold season, is like vinegar poured upon nitre, or like him that singeth songs to an heavy heart.

21 If he that hateth thee be hungry, give him bread to eat, and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink.

22 For thou shalt lay coals upon his head, and the Lord shall recompense thee.

23 As the North wind driveth away the rain, so doeth an angry countenance the slandering tongue.

24 It is better to dwell in a corner of the house top, than with a contentious woman in a wide house.

25 As are the cold waters to a weary soul, so is good news from a far country.

26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked, is like a troubled well, and a corrupt spring.

27 It is not good to eat much honey: so to search their own glory is not glory.

28 A man that refraineth not his appetite, is like a city which is broken down and without walls.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:29 am

Proverbs 26

1 As the snow in the summer, and as the rain in the harvest are not meet, so is honor unseemly for a fool.

2 As the sparrow by flying, and the swallow by flying escape, so the curse that is causeless, shall not come.

3 Unto the horse belongeth a whip, to the ass a bridle, and a rod to the fool’s back.

4 Answer not a fool according to his foolishness, lest thou also be like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his foolishness, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

6 He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool, is as he that cutteth off the feet, and drinketh iniquity.

7 As they that lift up the legs of the lame, so is a parable in a fool’s mouth.

8 As the closing up of a precious stone in an heap of stones, so is he that giveth glory to a fool.

9 As a thorn standing up in the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools.

10 The excellent that formed all things, both rewardeth the fool and rewardeth the transgressors.

11 As a dog turneth again to his own vomit, so a fool turneth to his foolishness.

12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? more hope is of a fool than of him.

13 The slothful man saith, A lion is in the way: a lion is in the streets.

14 As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doeth the slothful man upon his bed.

15 The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom, and it grieveth him to put it again to his mouth.

16 The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit, than seven men that can render a reason.

17 He that passeth by and medleth with the strife that belongeth not unto him, is as one that taketh a dog by the ears.

18 As he that feigneth himself mad, casteth firebrands, arrows, and mortal things,

19 So dealeth the deceitful man with his friend and saith, Am not I in sport?

20 Without wood the fire is quenched, and without a talebearer strife ceaseth.

21 As ye coal maketh burning coals, and wood a fire, so the contentious man is apt to kindle strife.

22 The words of a tale bearer are as flatterings, and they go down into the bowels of the belly.

23 As silver dross overlaid upon a potsherd, so are burning lips, and an evil heart.

24 He that hateth, will counterfeit with his lips, but in his heart he layeth up deceit.

25 Though he speak favorably, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.

26 Hatred may be covered by deceit: but the malice thereof shall be discovered in the congregation.

27 He that diggeth a pit shall fall therein, and he that rolleth a stone, it shall return unto him.

28 A false tongue hateth the afflicted, and a flattering mouth causeth ruin.
admin
Site Admin

Proverbs 27

1 Boast not thyself of tomorrow: for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.

2 Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth: a stranger, and not thine own lips.

3 A stone is heavy, and the sand weighty: but a fool’s wrath is heavier than them both.

4 Anger is cruel, and wrath is raging: but who can stand before envy?

5 Open rebuke is better than secret love.

6 The wounds of a lover are faithful, and the kisses of an enemy are pleasant.

7 The person that is full, despiseth an honeycomb: but unto the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet.

8 As a bird that wandereth from her nest, so is a man that wandereth from his own place.

9 As ointment and perfume rejoice the heart, so doeth the sweetness of a man’s friend by hearty counsel.

10 Thine own friend and thy father’s friend forsake thou not: neither enter into thy brother’s house in the day of thy calamity: for better is a neighbor that is near, than a brother far off.

11 My son, be wise, and rejoice mine heart, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.

12 A prudent man seeth the plague, and hideth himself: but the foolish go on still, and are punished.

13 Take his garment that is surety for a stranger, and a pledge of him for the stranger.

14 He that praiseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted to him as a curse.

15 A continual dropping in the day of rain, and a contentious woman are alike.

16 He that hideth her, hideth the wind, and she is as ye oil in his right hand, that uttereth itself.

17 Iron sharpeneth iron, so doeth man sharpen the face of his friend.

18 He that keepeth the fig tree, shall eat the fruit thereof: so he that waiteth upon his master, shall come to honor.

19 As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man.

20 The grave and destruction can never be full, so the eyes of man can never be satisfied.

21 As is the fining pot for silver and the furnace for gold, so is every man according to his dignity.

22 Though thou shouldest bray a fool in a mortar among wheat brayed with a pestle, yet will not his foolishness depart from him.

23 Be diligent to know ye state of thy flock, and take heed to the herds.

24 For riches remain not alway, nor the crown from generation to generation.

25 The hay discovereth itself, and the grass appeareth, and the herbs of the mountains are gathered.

26 The lambs are for thy clothing, and the goats are the price of the field.

27 And let the milk of the goats be sufficient for thy food, for the food of thy family, and for the sustenance of thy maids.
admin
Site Admin

Proverbs 28

1 The wicked flee when none pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

2 For the transgression of the land there are many princes thereof: but by a man of understanding and knowledge a realm likewise endureth long.

3 A poor man, if he oppress the poor, is like a raging rain, that leaveth no food.

4 They that forsake the Law, praise the wicked: but they that keep the Law, set themselves against them.

5 Wicked men understand not judgment: but they that seek the Lord understand all things.

6 Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that perverteth his ways, though he be rich.

7 He that keepeth the Law, is a child of understanding: but he that feedeth the gluttons, shameth his father.

8 He that increaseth his riches by usury and interest, gathereth them for him that will be merciful unto the poor.

9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer shall be abominable.

10 He that causeth the righteous to go astray by an evil way, shall fall into his own pit, and the upright shall inherit good things.

11 The rich man is wise in his own conceit: but the poor that hath understanding, can try him.

12 When righteous men rejoice, there is great glory: but when the wicked come up, the man is tried.

13 He that hideth his sins, shall not prosper: but he that confesseth, and forsaketh them, shall have mercy.

14 Blessed is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart, shall fall into evil.

15 As a roaring lion, and an hungry bear, so is a wicked ruler over the poor people.

16 A prince destitute of understanding, is also a great oppressor: but he that hateth covetousness, shall prolong his days.

17 A man that doeth violence against the blood of a person, shall flee unto the grave, and they shall not stay him.

18 He that walketh uprightly, shall be saved: but he that is froward in his ways, shall once fall.

19 He that tilleth his land, shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth the idle, shall be filled with poverty.

20 A faithful man shall abound in blessings, and he that maketh haste to be rich, shall not be innocent.

21 To have respect of persons is not good: for that man will transgress for a piece of bread.

22 A man with a wicked eye hasteth to riches, and knoweth not, that poverty shall come upon him.

23 He that rebuketh a man, shall find more favor at length, than he that flattereth with his tongue.

24 He that robbeth his father and mother, and saith, It is no transgression, is the companion of a man that destroyeth.

25 He that is of a proud heart, stirreth up strife: but he that trusteth in the Lord, shall be fat.

26 He that trusteth in his own heart, is a fool: but he that walketh in wisdom, shall be delivered.

27 He that giveth unto the poor, shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes, shall have many curses.

28 When the wicked rise up, men hide themselves: but when they perish, ye righteous increase.
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Cults