CITY OF CLEARWATER COMMISSION HEARINGS RE: THE CHURCH OF SC

The impulse to believe the absurd when presented with the unknowable is called religion. Whether this is wise or unwise is the domain of doctrine. Once you understand someone's doctrine, you understand their rationale for believing the absurd. At that point, it may no longer seem absurd. You can get to both sides of this conondrum from here.

Re: CITY OF CLEARWATER COMMISSION HEARINGS RE: THE CHURCH O

Postby admin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:32 am

[Illegible]

[Illegible] In the office he now seeks as the [illegible] qualifications.

[Illegible] efficiency in office plus a [illegible] duties courteously and faithfully." [illegible] Bryant appointed me as clerk [illegible] which will result in [illegible] dollars to the taxpayers [illegible] to the operation of the clerk's office.

[Illegible]

[Many illegible paragraphs]
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:32 am

[Illegible]

3-3-70

[Illegible]

I have been very concerned in recent months [illegible]

[Illegible] he was opposed to the pollution [illegible] natural resources. [Illegible]

[Illegible] because of Mullendore [illegible] in the suit filed in the Circuit Court [illegible] rendered in connection with [illegible] for the expansion of the Court [illegible] system.

3-8-70

More on the above article:

Mullendore has been accused by commissioners of refusing to pay the bill. Mullendore disputes [illegible] said Mullendore, [illegible] do so after the [illegible] Circuit Court judgment and approval of the [illegible]

Mullendore had been previously [illegible] that "a serious legal question" was involved in expanding general tax [illegible] collected from [illegible] in unincorporated and incorporated areas throughout the county for sanitary [illegible] which only served the unincorporated areas of the county.

Circuit Court allowed Mullendore, in his official position, to intervene in the suit regarding payment to [illegible] Associated. The court ruled that such payment could [illegible] the general fund. The city of St. Pete has appealed [illegible] the State Supreme Court. Mullendore is not a party to this appeal.

7-2-70

Harold Mullendore [illegible]

4-16-72

Mullendore [illegible] and honesty.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:33 am

__11-72

[Illegible]

10-29-72

Mullendore [illegible] as clerk of the circuit court. [Illegible] clerk of the [illegible] County commissioner [illegible] those of a court clerk, Mullendore and clerks of other [illegible] counties [illegible] of them over the years by order of the state when they don't know what else to do with them.

11-17-72

Mullendore assailed local [illegible] leaders and called for the resignation of county [illegible] "If they [illegible] were honest with themselves," Mullendore said, they would [illegible] or an expression that they are expected to stand aside and let somebody else lead the way."

2-21-73

Mullendore has been named chairman of the third [illegible] conducted by the [illegible] Chapter, [illegible] Cross.

1-6-74

Pinellas County supervisor of [illegible]

Mullendore smiled [illegible] that he is a [illegible] and power hungry "ridiculous claim".

He did not deny that he has been thinking about [illegible]
admin
Site Admin

[illegible] operational procedures [illegible] a favorable report.

[Illegible] to pinpoint responsibility [illegible] departments [illegible] back to 1969.

[Illegible] situation were discovered by him and his [illegible] without any loss to the county [illegible] resulted [illegible] control of operations handled by two or three [illegible] employees.

[illegible] association of Court [illegible] secretary-treasurer of the [illegible] Association of County [illegible] and Clerks.

[Illegible]

Mullendore [illegible] back Republican G. Patrick _lley for County [illegible]

[illegible] -72

[illegible] three civil [illegible] between city and county [illegible] Constitution for [illegible] a charter form [illegible]

[Illegible] a charter form of [illegible] of a county administrator [illegible] law enforcement field.
admin
Site Admin

[illegible]

12-__-75

[Illegible] contingency fund [illegible] at public [illegible] attorney to [illegible] the constitutionality of the county move and [illegible] independent checking account [illegible] deposit money [illegible] by the [illegible] office [illegible] that the money was needed in case the commission [illegible] refused to pay [illegible] her bills.

1-7-76

It has been said that the United States has a government of laws rather than of men, but it seems that the men in the Pinellas County government will go to any lengths to avoid dealing with one particular woman. ([illegible] Nelson)
admin
Site Admin

[Illegible] clerk of the circuit [illegible] Harold Mullendore for [illegible] the local representative [illegible] report was false.

[Illegible] Harold Mullendore," "He is [illegible] character, but he's [illegible] can't control [illegible]

[Illegible] American Multiplex Systems Inc., a [illegible] the equipment, but both a company spokesman [illegible] not been connected with the firm since Mrs. Nelson hired him in 1973.

16-23-75?

[Illegible] letter [illegible] elected officials in the county [illegible] of the recipients is [illegible] written by "some nut".

[illegible] public [illegible] illicit [illegible] to serve the public [illegible] done for the [illegible] office receives this letter [illegible] I must [illegible].

[Illegible] was particularly [illegible] and [illegible] apparently [illegible] he became even angrier.

[Illegible]
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:34 am

[Illegible] Bar Association.

He holds a commission as [illegible] Unit citations, [illegible] Service and National Defense [illegible].

Samthers has [illegible] worked and [illegible] countries.

Smather's father, [illegible] from 1946 to 1950. He served in the [illegible] His great uncle, Benjamin Smathers, [illegible] New Jersey - having been appointed by [illegible]. Smather's grandfather - Frank Smathers - was a Circuit Judge in New Jersey. Smather's older brother, [illegible] attorney associated with the United States Securities and [illegible] Commission.

In 197_, Bruce Smathers married Nancy Marilyn [illegible] of Jacksonville.

Smathers is a person in the Presbyterian [illegible] was studying for the ministry.

He has worked with the Jacksonville Opportunity Industrial Center.

Smather's home address is 1132 Enterprise Drive, Tallahassee, Fla. 33203. His office address is State Department, [illegible] Capitol, Tallahassee, 32304.

This data is taken from "Who's Who in Government" and from the Florida [illegible]. It is the beginning of an [illegible] check on Smathers.

The McLeans and Cazares visited Smather's office this week in an effort to arouse an investigation.

Love,

Molly
admin
Site Admin

[Illegible]

31 March 1976

[illegible]

Re: Bruce Smathers
[Illegible] Secretary of State

Dear Joe,

Bruce Smathers is the 15th Secretary of State of the State of Florida. He is one of the youngest men to hold such a high office in this state.

He was born on [illegible] October 19__. His father is the former [illegible] of Florida. [Illegible]

Smathers received his early education in the Washington DC school system. He attended [illegible] High School in [illegible] Florida. He [illegible] Yale University with a [illegible] He got his J.D. from the University of Florida College of Law in 19__. While in school he [illegible] Deacon, the Council of Ten, he was a [illegible] of the Review editorial board, he was the president of Young [illegible] at the University of Florida, and he was a member of [illegible] Theta Pi.

Smathers was admitted to the Florida Bar. He served as assistant State Attorney of Jacksonville for 2 years. He was a member of the [illegible] and Smathers in Jacksonville - before being elected to the state Senate in 1972. He defeated two veteran incumbent senators in 1972 and served in the Florida Senate [illegible] the office of Secretary of State in 197_. While Smathers was in the Senate, he served on the Government Operations. [illegible] Committees.

Smathers [illegible] an active role in the Jacksonville Bicentennial [illegible] Young Democrats, the Mayor's Advisory Council on Drug Abuse. [illegible] IV State Drug Abuse Advisory Council, the March of Dimes, [illegible]

[Illegible] by the Jacksonville Jaycee in 19__-1971. He received the Outstanding Florida Jaycee in International Relations in 1971-72.
admin
Site Admin

26 Nov 75

cc CSG

SECRET

GOUS

DGUS

cc: LRH PERS PRO
GWW

Dear Henning:

Yours of 24 Nov.

We have found a whole part of a condominium to rent. It is 5.3 miles from the FH. We have been negotiating on it as a simple rental at very low cost and the owner is delighted since he can buy carpets and occupation carts with our rental for the whole block. It will be UC or SLD - I don't know what name the mission (F & P) is using for the negotiation.

As the office of LRH will be there, the bus and phone lines will have to lead to there. Also as I can't operate without comm, a couple lease lines for intercomms and telexes will also lead to there.

This makes a pretty high profile but it is well outside the CW influence band and won't get PR or press connected. It's a so-what. My name is not being used in the area and it is probable that it will act as low profile. But it isn't Ratcliffe. That was impossible due to lack of hotels near the airport.

I am not making a very strenuous effort to maintain a low profile but my staff are doing well at it under present circumstances.

The goodrich and Cooper suits are dying and no papers will get served there. And you guys seem to have IRS under heavy control. And UC etc will get the PROAC in in CW.

If I were not on lines, this USB set up would go to blazes in a hurry. I save the operation once or twice a day rounding up bad goofs and make my years pay two or three times a week. (Not an exaggeration.) I am actually acting on all Scn lines in one way or another in a very heavy Phase I. My current line set up is too slow and ragged to keep up with the operation smoothly. I am actually operating also as AG office USB almost totally single hand. You do not really have an AG office here, I hate to have to say, and when Lindy pulls out I'll probably have CW on my plate but good. LRH PRs are already carrying a load on that.

I'll make recommendations later on the USB but right now all I am trying to do is operate and handle. This affects security like mad, of course. Operation, therefore, is being played first and security second.

I was making a daily appearance at the base doing research and lecturing on a Special RD that is needed for PTS cases (and succeeding). (And had to knock it off day before Yesterday and suspend the lectures because of pressure on the lines). Most of my trouble is caused by unpositive comm lines while having to Phase I.

Thus there will be an LRH private office at the FH (that is easy as I just drive in the garage and enter the third floor-garage elevator hall door and go on up. There will possibly be a personal office at the bank bldg if they get it clean. This is rougher as one has to step out of a car and walk to the door.

Probably my best layout is to get very well known in the CW area with a camera in my hand and my Universal News press card taking pictures of "beautiful CW" which is the local button (they hate tourists and also retired people). My photoshoot people will continue, as I have a whole org for that sort of thing and they can be well out of town. In the Caribbean I didn't get hit and actually fronted for the operation and so did SCN to smash the CIA thing. But the CIA thing won -- I and Scn were not any reason, (by actual investigation) for our losing ports. We rode through on Bermuda solely because of me and Scn and also Santo Domingo. The kooky Jamaica-Barbadoes-Trinidad flaps were all DESPITE me and Scn. Curacao is a mixed pkg but right this minute my personal PR in Curacao is out the roof. And the tourism brochure I did for them would push it even higher, PM being the lonely psycho opposing and powerful due to splendid action by CSG personally.

So I think the exact plan will be that I play operations above security, slide in on personal PR as that well known photography very visible with a whole crew camera in hand and living in a nearby town. Not push it. Just let it seep in. My portrait of the mayor will hang in city hall never fear. As to quality and carrying it off, according to the brochure separation negative people and the LA printers I'm the only one they're having no trouble with amongst ALL their photographers and MY billboard scene is a rave.

So we play it this way and play it by ear and of course. And we maintain a security that won't interfere with operations.

And we count on your B1 to very quickly pre-alert any trouble so I can go fishing until you handle.

AND WE COUNT ON YOU GUYS TO MOW IRS DOWN AND WIN ACROSS THE BOARDS.

That is the way it will have to be played within the demands and realities of the scene.

I have some very good people on my immediate staff who do fine operationally. And they do well on security. They could not even begin to do well on the type of flap like Federal or suits which I am counting on you guys to handle.

This planning includes a really fine local GO office so this scene stays cool and stays off CSG's and my plate.

So the program is attached.

Love,

Ron

United States District Court
for the District of Columbia
A TRUE COPY
JAMES F. DAVEY, CLERK

By Robert L. Lane
Deputy Clerk
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:35 am

GO ORDER 216675LRH

SECRET

DGOS cc CSG
cc GWW
ccPERS PRO

26 Nov 75

PROGRAM LRH SECURITY
CODE NAME: POWER

1. Maintain an alerting Early Warning System throughout the GO W/W so that any situation concerning govts or courts by reason of suits is known in adequate time to take defensive actions to suddenly raise the level on LRH personal security very high. DGUS _____

2. Begin at once to build up a USG AG office that is permanent and effective in all Bus both to take this load off LRH and CSG lines and to proof up the USB against catastrophes in any Bu. area. The USB area is the most sensitive area you now have in US or international operations and the AG office there should be commensurate with the importance and potential threat of the existing scene. GWW, DGUS __22.3.77__

3. Really attain PROAC in in the CW operating area for the organizations operating there, sort out any weak spots or potential threats internal or external and handle, concentration in this target being upon the operation itself and its contacts and internal personnel. Dynamite spots should be predicted far in advance (example Non-US registration cycle which I am having to push) and handled before any repercussion occurs. DGUS __22.3.77__

4. Get in a stress of reports by making the USB-GOWW reporting cycle from USB AG office very fast and positive, with this line running directly to the GO on its own N/W channels independent of LRH-CSG lines. These lines come back from GOUS and GWW to LRH-CSG, not from USB to LRH-CSG for local handling. Put a terminal in at GOUS that coordinates USB as a single-hatted action. GWW, DGUS __Done 31 May__

5. Develop a specific set of stats for the USB GO Office that reflect the reality of the existing scene, including every BU. DGUS __Done 19.2.76__

6. Push the stats into Power. GWW, DGUS _____

LRH

United States District Court
for the District of Columbia
A TRUE COPY
JAMES F. DAVEY, CLERK

By Robert L. Lane
Deputy Clerk
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Religion and Cults