DEFENDANT ARMSTRONG'S PETITION TO HUBBARD
8 Jan 1980
M on D
cc: CO HU
cc: DCO CMO SU
cc: Snr P PRO
cc: HAS Pers Office
I am petitioning you to be posted to handle research for your biography and related projects.
I feel it warrants a petition to you because it entails research on your personal time track and the person doing such would have to have your trust.
I wish to do this for the following reason:
1. The future of this planet depends on Scientology. The success of Scientology at this time will depend in no small measure on the success of various of R's personal undertakings; the Purification R/D and Nobel Prize pjt, the R Biography and press/ legal handlings to mention the few I know about.
These projects currently have no one researching, data gathering and collating for them.
2. The finalization of any one of these projects will greatly alleviate current threats to R. His free movement could become possible and his actions, projects and ideas in other spheres will become more accepted.
3. R val docs and writings will be preserved -- this will be a great part of the post.
Currently this is not being done adequately. Just 3 days ago I came across a box of very old papers in Del Sol which were unknown to the PPROS and others here. These included R writings from the 30's and 40's, R grade school English class essays and poems, an R diary from the trip to Asia and many other docs.
These writings are of immeasurable value to an R Biography, future museum and to the billions of Scientologists this planet will see.
Also in Del Sol I found some docs from R's Navy period which will now be used in press legal actions. Document research is a must for success in this legal battle.
I'm sure there are many more such val docs, writings and data around the planet to be found, preserved and used to enhance R's image and viability.
The papers I have just found have been copied as an insurance against their loss and the originals have been put into zip- lock bags and wrapped in plastic.
4. A documented, published biography could become the basis for an R Life film (major production). This will likely be the ultimate step toward universal acceptance of R and his products. Any personnel added to handle these areas at this time will greatly shorten the time to such a production.
5. I believe I have the qualifications to do this job:
I have 9 years of SO track during which I worked with R on the ship, at UCE and WHQ.
I have a decent this lifetime training in PR, legal and Intel, areas in which I worked on the ship between 1971 and 1975. I would not do anything stupid on any line which would damage R or Scientology.
I'm literate. My written English is grammatically adequate. I have little background in creative writing, however this would not be necessary because the biography would be handled by a proven author such as Garrison.
I have had fabulous personal gains and successes from LRH Tech.
6. I do not feel my current post of R Renos I/C and the present functions I'm performing are as vital at this time as those I'm requesting to do. My post is in a condition where it can easily be turned over. There are no immediate demands for R living or office spaces at S.
I have worked in R Renos for a year and have been the I/C for the last 6 months. It has been a relatively flapless period and there have been a number of accomplishments.
I am considerably more trained and gifted in the area of research than I am in building construction.
I know my seniors, the CO HU and D/CO HU, with whom I've worked very well all this time, would not object to my leaving the area to do this function which is so important to R's success.
7. This is something I want very much to do. (It is the first post in the SO I've ever asked for).
I first recognized its need back in 1973 on the ship when I did a project for Mary Sue of time-tracking the Apollo's movements from purchase to that date. I had a hell of a time. Nobody was recording a Ship's History and the QM logs and Nav logs were lost or in terrible shape.
Recent events and the discovery of the old R writings have made the collecting up of R's docs and writings and the Scientology and Sea Org Histories and their preservation and their use in the production of a biography and other projects a vital, vital task.
This is the way I can best serve you.
I'm requesting your approval on creating this post. Likely it would be in the Pers PRO area and be entitled something like "Biography Researcher".
Duties would include:
• collecting up all R val docs from around the world (except those actually needed in a specific location)
• seeing to their proper preservation including vault safe against fire and sabotage.
• collecting up all R manuscripts and R writings of any kind possible.
• surveying for and gathering up personal contact accounts for legal, PR and biographical/anecdotal use
• interviewing people for the same
• sifting through R lectures and writings for usable incidents and contacts
• liaison with the Biographer for documentation and data
• line to R for verification of data and approvals
• false report correction actions
I'm sure there are more and even these are a large undertaking.
Sir, may I have your permission to do the above?
This is okay.
R Not OK______