Shameless Apologist Defends the Indefensible Acts of Police

The progress from Western colonial global expansion, and the construction of American wealth and industry on the backs of enslaved Blacks and Native peoples, followed by the abrupt "emancipation" of the slaves and their exodus from the South to the Northern cities, has led us to our current divided society. Divided by economic inequities and unequal access to social resources, the nation lives in a media dream of social harmony, or did until YouTube set its bed on fire. Now, it is common knowledge that our current system of brutal racist policing and punitive over-incarceration serves the dual purpose of maintaining racial prejudice and the inequities it justifies. Brief yourself on this late-breaking development in American history here.

Postby admin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:58 am

THIS MODERN WORLD
by TOM TOMORROW
© Tom Tomorrow 2015

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

Action McNews Network

[Male Reporter] Our top story -- a White police officer has once again done an indefensible thing to a Black citizen!

[Female Reporter] Here to defend the indefensible thing is our frequent guest, the Shameless Apologist!

[Shameless Apologist] Betty, the indefensible thing was CLEARLY defensible! The issue isn't police misconduct -- the issue is rap music and baggy pants! If you know what I mean.

[Male Reporter] Thanks for your insight, Shameless Apologist! And now we go live to the scene, where our correspondent has been INVESTIGATING the Black citizen to whom the indefensible thing happened!

[Female Correspondent] Biff, I'm here on the street near the scene of the indefensible act -- and from what I've been told, the Black citizen in question was NO ANGEL!

[Male Reporter] Well THAT certainly puts things in perspective! And now, a special editorial comment from a CRANKY OLD MAN!

[Cranky Old Man] There's no respect for law and order these days! I think we should lock up all the criminals and throw away the key! In fact --

[Male Reporter] Excuse me -- one moment -- we've got breaking news -- ANOTHER police officer has done ANOTHER indefensible thing to ANOTHER black citizen! Boy, what were the odds of THAT?

[Female Reporter ] We'll explain why the victim was to blame -- as soon as we get more details!
[GO BACK TO BEGINNING AND START OVER ... AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER ...]
admin
Site Admin

Return to Slavery 2.0: Racist Cops and the Prison Industrial Complex