A Confederacy of Denial, by Tom Tomorrow

The progress from Western colonial global expansion, and the construction of American wealth and industry on the backs of enslaved Blacks and Native peoples, followed by the abrupt "emancipation" of the slaves and their exodus from the South to the Northern cities, has led us to our current divided society. Divided by economic inequities and unequal access to social resources, the nation lives in a media dream of social harmony, or did until YouTube set its bed on fire. Now, it is common knowledge that our current system of brutal racist policing and punitive over-incarceration serves the dual purpose of maintaining racial prejudice and the inequities it justifies. Brief yourself on this late-breaking development in American history here.

A Confederacy of Denial, by Tom Tomorrow

Postby admin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:02 am

A CONFEDERACY OF DENIAL
THIS MODERN WORLD
BY TOM TOMORROW
© Tom Tomorrow 2015

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

[Confederate 1] Guns aren't a problem in this country!

[Confederate 2] And racism is a thing of the past! Duh!

[Confederate 1] Also there's no global warming.

1. WE MUSTN'T POLITICIZE THE TRAGEDY

[Confederate 2] It's much too soon to start casting blame!

[Confederate 1] I'd suggest waiting a couple of decades -- to make sure we have sufficient distance!

2. WE SHOULDN'T ALLOW OURSELVES TO BE SIDETRACKED.

[Confederate 1] Just because a White supremacist opened fire in a historic Black church while denouncing Black people --

[Confederate 2] -- I don't see why we have to make the whole thing about race!

3. OBVIOUSLY, THIS PROVES WE NEED MORE GUNS.

[Confederate 1] How can we protect ourselves from all the nutjobs walking around with guns out there --

[Confederate 2] unless EVERYONE is HEAVILY ARMED AT ALL TIMES?

4. LIBERALS ARE SOMEHOW TO BLAME.

[Confederate 2] You know, with their -- um -- permissiveness, and everything.

[Confederate 1] We might need to work on this one.

5. AND OF COURSE -- THIS WAS JUST ANOTHER ISOLATED INCIDENT, FROM WHICH NO GREATER CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN.

[Confederate 1] That's right! An unfathomable act, entirely devoid of context -- as usual!

[Confederate 2] I blame "evil."

[Confederate 1] Yes -- "Evil" is VERY bad!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Slavery 2.0: Racist Cops and the Prison Industrial Complex