Scenes from a Sanders Presidency, by Katie Miranda

Scenes from a Sanders Presidency, by Katie Miranda

Postby admin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Scenes from a Sanders Presidency
by Katie Miranda
July 22, 2015

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

Phil Weiss, co-editor of Mondoweiss asked me to draw this cartoon about what life will look like if Bernie Sanders is elected president. Some aspects of U.S. politics look radically different, others . . . not so much.

Three Mile Island Nature Preserve; The Goldman Sachs Collective Under New Management; FAUX NEWS: SANDERS: Israel has a right to defend itself

As I was drawing it I felt sad because I can't take the thought of Gaza being bombed year after year and I'm sure you can't either ! So in 2016 I will be voting for BDS [Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions] which is our only tool of empowerment on this issue.

Otherwise the alternative [is to] crawl into a hole in the ground with a bunch of kittens and pretend noting is wrong on the outside world.

We cannot count on our government (no matter who's in office) for meaningful change.

If you didn't catch my interview with Adam Horowitz, the other co-editor of Mondoweiss, you can watch it here: vimeo.com/132410997.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Cartoons