CDC Whistleblower Revealed, by AutismMediaChannel

CDC Whistleblower Revealed, by AutismMediaChannel

Postby admin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:41 am

CDC Whistleblower Revealed
by Dr. Andrew Wakefield
© AutismMediaChannel 2014

[CDC WHISTLEBLOWER CONFESSES TO VACCINE-AUTISM FRAUD]

an Autism Media Channel exclusive

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] Oh my God, I cannot believe we did what we did. But we did. It's all there. It's all there.

[DECADE-LONG COVER UP PUT MILLIONS OF INFANTS AT RISK]

[Andy Wakefield] This is a real story of a real fraud.

["... THAT PAPER"]

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] It's the lowest point in my career, that I went along with that paper.

[Andy Wakefield] A deliberate, high-level deception of the American people with disastrous consequences for its children's health.
In order to give context to the extraordinary story that you're about to hear, a little historical perspective is important.
Many of you will have heard of Tuskegee.
Dirt-poor sharecroppers in Lincoln County, Alabama.
Black men with syphilis.
In 1932, 339 men were told by the Public Health Service,
the forerunner of today's CDC,
that they had "bad blood."

[COLORED PEOPLE. DO YOU HAVE BAD BLOOD? FREE BLOOD TESTS. FREE TREATMENT. BY COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT AND GOVERNMENT DOCTORS. YOU MAY FEEL WELL AND STILL HAVE BAD BLOOD. COME AND BRING ALL YOUR FAMILY. FRIDAY.]

The motive of Public Health doctors ...
was to study the natural history of syphilis in the Black man.
"Natural history" in this case means "deliberately untreated."

[UNTREATED SYPHILIS IN THE MALE NEGRO. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF TREATED AND UNTREATD CASES. READ BEFORE THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, SECTION ON DERMATOLOGY AND SYPHILOLOGY, KANSAS CITY, MOS., MAY 11-15, 1930. R.A. VONDERLEHR, ASSISTANT SURGEON GENERAL. TALIAFERRO CLARK, MEDICAL DIRECTOR (RETIRED). O.C. WENGER, SURGEON, AND J.R. HELLER JR., ASSISTANT SURGEON, UNITED STATES PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICE. A DETERMINATION OF THE EFFECTIVENESS OF TREATMENT IN PREVENTING THE TRANSMISSION OF SYPHILIS IS ONE OF THE BASIC PROBLEMS IN THE CONTROL OF THIS DISEASE. SECOND IN IMPORTANT TO IT IS THE EFFECT WHICH TREATMENT ...]

These men were deliberately left untreated ...
even when something as effective as penicillin came along.
Worse still, those infected were actively prevented by Public Health doctors ...
from getting this life-saving drug.

[HUNDREDS OF BLACK MEN DISCOVERED MASSACRED IN SYPHILIS "EXPERIMENT"]

Men suffered and died;

[SYPHILIS]

women continued being infected;
and babies continued to be born ...
with congenital syphilis.
A shiny, new CDC that took over in the late 1960s ...
refused to stop the experiment.
Not until every last man had been opened up on their autopsy table.

[MEMORANDUM
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, EDUCATION, AND WELFARE
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY
DATE: NOV. 16, 1972
TO: Director
Center for Disease Control
THROUGH: Administrator, HS __ 11/22
SUBJECT: Termination of USPHS Study of Untreated Syphilis (the Tuskegee Study)

As recommended by the Tuskegee Syphilis Study Ad Hoc Advisory Panel, I have decided that the "Tuskegee Study" as a study of untreated syphilis must be terminated. I will advise you of the necessary steps to be taken to assure that appropriate medical care be given to all remaining participants in the "Tuskegee Study" as a part of the close-out phase of the project.
Merlin K. DuVal, M.D.
TERMINATION MEMO]

The experiment was stopped, not because the CDC realized the barbaric nature of their enterprise, but because a whistleblower by the name of Peter Buxtun ...
leaked the story to a journalist at The Washington Star.
The story was published on July 25, 1972, hit the front page of the New York Times, then the experiment was stopped shortly thereafter.
Congressional hearings followed.
So unethical, so inhumane was this Public Health experiment,
that it led to a change in the CDC's code of medical ethics. EXCEPT it didn't.
Thirty years later, the CDC was to do something arguably far worse.

[AUTISM, VIRAL INFECTION AND MEASLES-MUMPS-RUBELLA VACCINATION
BY ANDREW J. WAKEFIELD FRCS AND SCOTT M. MONTGOMERY PH.D., DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE, ROYAL FREE AND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE MEDICAL SCHOOL, LONDON, UK.
THE KEY TO UNLOCKING THE MYSTERY: CHANGING THE PATTERNS OF CHILDHOOD INFECTION
AN ANSWER TO THIS ETIOLOGICAL PUZZLE LIES IN THE CHANGING PATTERN OF EXPOSURE TO INFECTIOUS DISEASE IN CHILDHOOD. PATTERNS OF EXPOSURE TO COMMON CHILDHOOD VIRAL INFECTIONS PLAY A LARGE PART IN DETERMINING BOTH THE SEVERITY OF THE ACUTE DISEASE AND THE RISK AND NATURE OF DELAYED CONSEQUENCES OF INFECTION. ACTING POSSIBLY THROUGH BYSTANDER MECHANISMS, CHILDHOOD EXPOSURE TO MICROBIAL ANTIGENS ALSO PLAYS A CRUCIAL ROLE IN EARLY IMMUNE PROGRAMMING AND, THUS, THE SUBSEQUENT HANDLING OF ENVIRONMENTAL ANTIGENS UNRELATED TO THE ORIGINAL INFECTION [12]. ONCE AGAIN THE PATTERN OF EXPOSURE MAY BE FUNDAMENTAL TO THE INTEGRITY OF THIS IMMUNE PROGRAMMING.
PATTERNS OF EXPOSURE TO COMMON CHILDHOOD INFECTIONS ...]

Over a decade ago, Dr. Scott Montgomery and I put forward a hypothesis for MMR vaccine and autism. The age that you receive the vaccine influences the risk. This makes sense, for some infections, like measles, the age of infection changes the outcome.
We shared this hypothesis with vaccine officials, members for the Centers for Disease Control, at meetings in Washington, D.C.,
and Cold Spring Harbor.
A group of senior vaccine safety people at the CDC studied it. It panned out.
We were right. At least partly.

[SAMPLE SELECTION FOR MMR/AUTISM STUDY]

By November 9, 2001, nearly 13 years ago,
senior CDC scientists knew that younger age of exposure to MMR ...
was associated with an increased risk of autism.
In 2004 they published.
But they hid the results.

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] It's the lowest point in my career, that I went along with that paper.
And I went along with this, we didn't report significant findings.

[Andy Wakefield] MMR was declared safe.

[DR. COLEEN BOYLE TESTIFIED BEFORE THE OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT REFORM]

[Dr. Coleen Boyle] The IOM has evaluated this issue back in 2004, and again most recently in 2011, and their conclusion, not just looking at the work that was done at CDC, but with the total body of evidence, was suggesting that vaccines and their components did NOT increase the risk of AUTISM.

[Andy Wakefield] What Dr. Coleen Boyle, the co-author of that blighted paper did NOT tell Congress, is that she and her colleagues had deliberately concealed the autism-vaccine link from the Institute of Medicine, and the public.
Ironically, they even received an award from the Secretary of Health and Human Services for this work.

[LANDMARK PUBLICATIONS: MADDSP. HHS SECRETARY'S AWARD FOR DISTINGUISHED SERVICE: THE AUTISM PUBLIC HEALTH RESPONSE TEAM. DESTAFANO F, KARAPURKAR T, THOMPSON WILLIAM, YEARGIN-ALLSOPP M, BOYLE C. AGE AT FIRST MEASLES-MUMPS-RUBELLA VACCINATION IN CHILDREN WITH AUTISM AND SCHOOL-MATCHED CONTROLS PEDIATRICS 2004;113(2):259-266.]

So troubling was the fraud, that one of the CDC researchers broke ranks.
Eventually he made contact with Dr. Brian Hooker, father of a vaccine-injured child with autism, and a vaccine safety researcher.

[Brian Hooker, Ph.D.] Uh, I received a phone call out of the blue. It had a 404 area code, so I knew it was from the CDC.
And lo and behold, it was Bill Thompson. He had much to confess.

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] I'm completely ashamed of what I did. I have great shame now. I was complicit, and uh, I went along with this.

[Brian Hooker, Ph.D.] Dr. Thompson had appointed me his priest. And when he appointed me his priest, then he started confessing. And we have had many, many phone exchanges. We've exchanged dozens of emails. And he has released quite compelling information regarding fraud and malfeasance in the CDC.

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] We didn't report significant findings.

[Andy Wakefield] Thompson sent Hooker information that was never intended for public scrutiny.
From their own data sheets, dated 2001,
Dr. Hooker analyzed the CDCs results,
and he found the same risk of autism that the CDC scientists had themselves identified.

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] It's all there! It's all there!

[Andy Wakefield] He confronted Thompson.

[Brian Hooker, Ph.D.] He has expressed significant remorse for lying, for burying data.

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] I have great shame now when I meet families with kids with autism, because I have been part of the problem.

[Andy Wakefield] This week, August 10, 2014, Dr. Hooker published the real findings:
A 340% increased risk of autism ...
in boys receiving the MMR on time compared with those receiving it later.
Thirteen years,
and tens of thousands of children later.
As I've said, Dr. Montgomery and I were only partly right.
The risk of autism from early MMR vaccination was seen in Black children,
Black boys.
Those boys for some reason are at very high risk.
Consistent with the CDC's own findings,
the rate of autistic regression in Black children is reported to be twice that in white children.

[RACIAL DIFFERENCES IN DEVELOPMENTAL REGRESSION IN CHILDREN WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS. BY ADIAHA SPINKS-FRANKLIN, AMY SHUI, ROCHELLE SEXTON, JENNIFER B. SWANSON, ROBERT G. VOIGT. PEDIATRICS, TEXAS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL/BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINE, HOUSTON, TX; BIOSTATISTICS, MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL, BOSTON, MA.
BACKGROUND: AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS (ASD) ARE COMMON NEURODEVELOPMENTAL DISORDERS THAT OCCUR IN 1 IN 88 CHILDREN. IT HAS BEEN REPORTED THAT APPROXIMATELY ONE THIRD OF CHILDREN WITH ASD HAVE DEVELOPMENTAL REGRESSION. WHILE THERE ARE NO REPORTED GENDER DIFFERENCES IN RATES OF REGRESSION, IT IS UNKNOWN WHETHER THERE ARE RADICAL DISPARITIES IN RATES OF REGRESSION.
OBJECTIVE: TO DETERMINE THE RATE OF DEVELOPMENTAL REGRESSION, AND WHETHER RACIAL DISPARITIES EXIST IN THE RATE OF REGRESSION, AMONG PRESCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN IN THE AUTISM TREATMENT NETWORK (ATN) DATABASE.
DESIGN/METHODS: SUBJECTS INCLUDED ALL NON-HISPANIC BLACK, NON-HISPANIC WHITE, AND HISPANIC CHILDREN AGES 37-71 MONTHS IN THE ATN DATABASE WITH DATA FROM A PARENT FORM REPORTING WHETHER EACH CHILD EXPERIENCED DEVELOPMENTAL REGRESSION. THE RATE OF REPORTED DEVELOPMENTAL REGRESSION WAS DETERMINED, AND THE RATE OF REGRESSION BY RACE WAS EVALUATED. LOGISTIC REGRESSION ANALYSIS WAS ...]

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] Oh my God, I cannot believe we did what we did.

[Andy Wakefield] Tuskegee revisited.
Scientist Dr. David Lewis, an international expert in whistle blowing and the detection of scientific fraud, reviewed the original CDC documents and the paper they published in 2004.

[Dr. David Lewis, Ph.D., Research Microbiologist] Probably this is the clearest case,
and the easiest case, in which to answer "Is it fraud, or is it an accident,
or it is just an artifact of the study?" What we're dealing with here, clearly is fraud.

[Brian Hooker, Ph.D.] He knows that he is culpable for damage. He knows that he's culpable for permanent damage of a large, significant portion of the population in the United States.

The Obama administration has granted whistleblower immunity to a federal government scientist that claimed he intentionally omitted information in a study that could have shown a race-based link between vaccines and childhood diseases including autism.

-- Obama Admin Grants Immunity To CDC Scientist That Fudged Vaccine Report … Whistleblower Plans To Testify Before Congress, by Patrick Howley

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] The higher ups wanted to do certain things, and I went along with it.

[Andy Wakefield] Dr. Frank DeStefano, Dr. Marshalyn Yeargin-Allsopp, and Dr. Coleen Boyle. They knew, they let it happen, and they could have stopped it.
Michigan lawyer Allison Folmar,
an award-winning advocate for children and parental rights, gave her reaction.

[Allison Folmar, Lawyer] Um, I feel, first and foremost as a human being, you know, betrayed.
When you lose your faith and trust in humanity, you know,
how do you repair that?
I mean, I don't even know what to say to be honest.

[Brian Hooker, Ph.D.] Thompson is very regretful about his involvement.

[Dr. William Thompson, Senior Epidemiologist at the CDC] It's the lowest point in my career that I went along with that paper.
And I'm not going to lie. Um, I basically have stopped lying.

[Andy Wakefield] You see, vile as the crimes of Stalin,
Pol Pot,
and Hitler were, these men were not hypocrites,
their motives ambiguous,
or their rhetoric [inaudible] with apparent caring and compassion.
These men were not entrusted with the welfare of their victims.
Their mottos did not include the words ...
"To Save Lives and Protect."
They were not running a mandatory program disguised as caring.
How many children?
How many went to the war in that decade of science?
How many presidents, Mr. Obama?

AUTISM MEDIA CHANNEL, copyright 2014
admin
Site Admin

Return to Little Movies