Correspondence From George Bush to John Poindexter, by Georg

Correspondence From George Bush to John Poindexter, by Georg

Postby admin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:39 am

Correspondence From George Bush to John Poindexter
by George Bush
June 16, 1986

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT
WASHINGTON

June 16, 1986

CONFIDENTIAL

Mr. John M. Poindexter
National Security Advisor
Old Executive Office Building
Washington D.C. 20506

Dear Admiral Poindexter:

I would like to take this time to offer my gratitude and appreciation for your hard work and assistance in Operation MAGGI PIE.

Your negotiations on our behalf have proven to be quite effective in obtaining the release of United States Citizens held hostage in Lebanon.

I would like you to personally thank Robert McFarlane for his willingness, daring and efforts in meeting with Iranian factions.

I would also like you to than the Staff of the National Security Council, including Agents, Lt. Col. Oliver North (USMC), and Lt. Robert Hunt (OSR) for their dangerous assistance and diligence, without which Operation MAGG PIE would never have been successful.

Finally, you must offer my gratitude to the C.I.A. and their Agents, George Cave, Howard Teicher, John Segal and Gunther Russbacher. These men are dedicated and blessed with the gift of courage. They do truely believe in the pursuit of freedom for all mankind. May God bless you all.

Respectfully,

George Bush

CB/lz
cc: R. Reagan
W. Casey
admin
Site Admin

Return to Wackenhut / Inslaw Promis Software / Arkansas-Contra