George Soros Tells Clinton to Fix Trouble in Albania

George Soros Tells Clinton to Fix Trouble in Albania

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:36 am

https://www.wikileaks.org/clinton-email ... 778285.pdf

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05778285 Date: 09/30/2015

RELEASE IN PART B5,B6

Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 4:40 PM
To: H
Subject: Fw: Unrest in Albania

Fyi

-- Original Message –
To: Verma, Richard R; Sullivan, Jacob J; Abedin, Huma; Burns, William J
Sent: Mon Jan 24 16:23:01 2011
Subject: RE: Unrest in Albania

[DELETE] B5

This email is UNCLASSIFIED

--Original Message –
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 5:41 AM
To: Sullivan, Jacob J; Abedin, Human; Gordon, Philip H; Burns, William J
Subject: FW: Unrest in Albania

Below message is from George Soros for the Secretary. Understand his organization was sending through other channels as well

-- Original Message --
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2011 1:39 pm
To: Verma, Richard R
Subject: Re: Unrest in Albania

Rich,

Here’s the text of the message. I’m available to talk at any time.

Thanks,

Jonas

Dear Hillary,

A serious situation has arisen in Albania which needs urgent attention at senior levels of the US government. You may know that an opposition demonstration in Tirana on Friday resulted in the deaths of three people and the destruction of property. There are serious concerns about further unrest connected to a counter-demonstration to be organized by the governing party on Wednesday and a follow-up event by the opposition two days later to memorialize the victims. The prospect of tens of thousands of people entering the streets in an already inflamed political environment bodes ill for the return of public order and the country’s fragile democratic process.

I believe two things need to be done urgently:

1. Bring the full weight of the international community to bear on Prime Minister Berisha and opposition leader Edi Rama to forestall further public demonstrations and to tone down public pronouncements.

2. Appoint a senior European official as a mediator.

While I am concerned about the rhetoric being used by both sides, I am particularly worried about the actions of the Prime Minister. There is videotape of National Guard members firing on demonstrators from the roof of the Prime Ministry. The Prosecutor (appointed by the Democratic Party) has issued arrest warrants for the individuals in question. The Prime Minister had previously accused the opposition of intentionally murdering these activists as a provocation. After the tape came out deputies from his party accused the Prosecutor of planning a coup d’etat in collaboration with the opposition, a charge Mr. Berisha repeated today. No arrests have been made as of this writing.

The demonstration resulted from opposition protests over the conduct of parliamentary elections in 2009. The political environment has deteriorated ever since and is now approaching levels of 1997, when similar issues caused the country to slide into anarchy and violence. There are signs that Edi Rama’s control of his own people is slipping, which may lead to further violence.

The US and the EU must work in complete harmony over this, but given Albania’s European aspirations the EU must take the lead. That is why I suggest appointing a mediator such as Carl Bildt, Martti Ahtisaari or Miroslav Lajcak, all of whom have strong connections to the Balkans.

My foundation in Tirana is monitoring the situation closely and can provide independent analysis of the crisis.

Thank you.

George Soros
admin
Site Admin

Re: George Soros Tells Clinton to Fix Trouble in Albania

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:38 am

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/15201

Re: NEED QUICK FEEDBACK: Invitation from America Votes

To: john.podesta@gmail.com
Date: 2014-10-07 18:31
Subject: Re: NEED QUICK FEEDBACK: Invitation from America Votes

Checked with her. She doesn't really know her and thus has no opinion.
Sorry we aren't more helpful.

Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 04:23 PM Eastern Standard Time
To: Huma Abedin
Subject: RE: NEED QUICK FEEDBACK: Invitation from America Votes

Loretta lynch?

On Oct 7, 2014 3:39 PM, "Huma Abedin" <Huma@clintonemail.com<mailto:Huma@clintonemail.com>> wrote:
talked to john
he agrees with you
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2014 11:21 AM
Cc: Robert Mook (robertmook@gmail.com<mailto:robertmook@gmail.com>); John Podesta (john.podesta@gmail.com<mailto:john.podesta@gmail.com>)
Subject: Re: NEED QUICK FEEDBACK: Invitation from America Votes

I would only do this for political reasons (ie to make Soros happy) It's very unclear to me how much AV will matter next cycle. And I haven't seen then adding any value this cycle.
I also worry a little it will cause donor confusion vis a vis Priorities.

On Oct 7, 2014, at 11:11 AM, Huma Abedin <Huma@clintonemail.com<mailto:Huma@clintonemail.com>> wrote:

She is having dinner with George Soros tonight.
Do you know much about America Votes? As Greg Speed explained to me, they are the coordinated campaign for various outside groups. Soros is a big supporter of the group and hes going to ask her tonight if she will come to a fundraiser for them at his house in December. Thoughts?
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:42 AM
Cc: Lona Valmoro (lvalmoro.hrco@gmail.com<mailto:lvalmoro.hrco@gmail.com>); Evan Kost
Subject: Invitation from America Votes

Hi Huma (and Lona):
It was wonderful to see you last week. Thanks so much again for making the time in a very, very busy week.

Attached is an invitation for Secretary Clinton to join us at an evening reception at the home of George Soros in December. We would be thrilled to have her serve as honored guest and speaker at this gathering of our top supporters honoring America Votes’ work over the past 10 years and looking forward to the next decade.

Thanks so much in advance for your and the Secretary’s consideration of this request. We are now holding dates at Mr. Soros’ home in the middle of the month (Dec. 15-17) and hope we can find a mutually agreeable date during that window if possible or an alternative. Please let us know if we can provide any further information, address any questions, etc.

Thanks very much again and look forward to talking again soon.

Best,
GS

Greg Speed
President
America Votes
gspeed@americavotes.org<mailto:gspeed@americavotes.org>
202.962.7251<tel:202.962.7251> direct
202.365.0594<tel:202.365.0594> mobile
1155 Connecticut Ave., NW
Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036

Connect with America Votes!
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/America-Votes/136180176422660> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/americavotes> | Website<http://www.americavotes.org/>

NOTICE: This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete the material from any computer. Thank you.

<Clinton Invitation Soros Event 9.16.14.pdf>
admin
Site Admin

Return to Wikileaks