HRC Told Tim Kaine He's the Veep, Though Terrible Choice

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:39 pm

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/2986

This email has also been verified by Google DKIM 2048-bit RSA key

Bob Glennon

To: john.podesta@gmail.com
Date: 2015-07-15 22:26
Subject: Bob Glennon

Won't stop assuring Sens Brown and Heitkamp (at dinner now) that HRC has personally told Tim Kaine he's the veep.

A little unseemly

Erick's iPhone
admin
Site Admin

Re: HRC Told Tim Kaine He's the Veep, Though Terrible Choice

Postby admin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:46 pm

Game Change (Excerpt)
by John Heilemann and Mark Halperin

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

... blame me. Somehow I didn't do enough."

"'She stayed in too long,'" Penn put in.

In a voice of mock horror, Clinton exclaimed, "'Oh, she damaged him,' you know -- screw you! I thought it was a competitive election. I can stay in as long as I want to stay in. Teddy Kennedy stayed in until the convention. Give me a break."

Penn, always on the lookout for business, said he wanted to try "to reconcile with the Obama campaign."

"They're never going to reconcile," Clinton said dismissively. "Ain't gonna happen. Ain't gonna happen. Ain't gonna happen. They are vindictive and small. They don't think they need me. They had that conversation with Bill, they never called and asked him to do anything. They don't care about a former president."

Clinton returned to Obama's prospects in the general election. "I think it's fifty-fifty whether he wins, right?" she said, noting that Obama's VP choice was critical, giving odds on whom he would pick: "Biden, one-in-two chance. Bayh, one-in-four chance. Kaine and Sebelius, both which I think are terrible choices, one-in-eight chance."

For a year and a half, Hillary had spent every waking moment not just trying to defeat Obama, but convincing herself that he was a lightweight, a nose-in-the-air elitist totally unfit to be the leader of the free world. A little more than a month after he ended her dream, she hadn't become unconvinced. But now she would be forced to sit back and watch him run against McCain -- a man whom Clinton considered a friend, but one whose election would be tantamount to reelecting Bush to a third term.

"The campaign was a terrible disappointment," she said. "I hate the choice that this country's faced with. I think it is a terrible choice for the nation."
admin
Site Admin

Return to Wikileaks