Aleksey Vayner Storyline Almost as Immortal as Aleksey

Aleksey Vayner Storyline Almost as Immortal as Aleksey

Postby admin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Aleksey Vayner Storyline Almost as Immortal as Aleksey Vayner (UPDATE)
by Chris Beam

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

October 15, 2006 at 7:45 pm

Listen, we tried to put this dog to sleep on Friday, we really did, but it just keeps waking up. If you’re still following Alekseyfest 2006, you might get a kick out of these “developments.” (If you’re new to all this, you’ll have to start at the beginning.) We don’t blame anyone who wants to tap out at this point. Anyway, here’s the latest on our meal ticket:

Even Aleksey Vayner’s lawyers are denying any connection to Aleksey Vayner. The Wall Street Journal phoned Vayner’s legal team and found this:

“After initially saying in an interview that he was exploring privacy lawsuits, Mr. Vayner asked that further requests go through his Fort Lee, N.J., attorney. The lawyer said, via her assistant, that she doesn’t represent Mr. Vayner.”

We took the Journal‘s cue and called up Ron Bar-Nadav, the guy Vayner cc’ed on his “cease and disist” letter. We asked him if he represented Vayner: “No, sorry.” Click.

Aleksey’s partner from the ballroom dance segment of the video wrote us to “clear my name.” “I’m just a bystander in this whole mess,” Nansi says, noting that Aleksey is not her regular dancing partner, that she had no other role in creating the video, and that she’s been getting a lot of pervy attention from Internet weirdos. “And my outfit for the video is what I actually wear at dance competitions,” she adds, “so please do not make a big deal out of that since it is nothing out of the extraordinary in the ballroom world.” Noted! (As for Aleksey’s Under Armour, there’s really no excuse.) Nansi’s full e-mail is after the jump.

Aleksey may — may — have bought the ski footage in his video off Craigslist. A tipster wrote us last night with what could be an amazing document — if it’s real.
He claims to have a copy of a Craigslist post from August; the file looks real, but then again, Craigslist pages might be the most easily faked on the Internet, and there’s a rash of fake Aleksey stuff floating around. Plus, who saves Craigslist pages? Judge for yourself:

Ski Racing Video Needed
Reply to: aleksey.vayner@gmail.com
Date: 2006-08-01, 4:48PM EDT

I want to purchase high resolution, quality racing/freestyle skiing to add to a school project on skiing. Length not important since i dont need more than 10-15 seconds max. Just needs to be sharp, fast, and impressive. Email asap if you got something

no — it’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: negotiable

Any nerds out there who could bunk or debunk this? Get in touch.

UPDATE: Oh, and he made The New Yorker, too.

Nansi’s email:

[quote]From: [redacted]
To: IvyGate@gmail.com
Date: Oct 15, 2006 2:47 AM
Subject: Aleksey Vayner’s Dance Partner on Video

Hello,

This is a friendly message from the girl dancing with Aleksey Vayner in his video “Impossible is Nothing.” Lately, I’ve been receiving a lot of emails from inquisitive strangers who have seen me on his video and have asked me more details on Aleksey, the video, and myself. I can’t answer any questions on Aleksey or the accusations, since I don’t think it is my position to do so, and for all of you who wanted to know more through me, I’m afraid I’ll have to disappoint you. However, I do wish to set the record straight on my role in the video.

Aleksey and I danced together for his video, but we are not regular dancing partners. I had no role on the conception, production, filming, or editing of the reel, and I was only present during the dance sequence. It was of my understanding that the dance piece was to be used for a personal documentary on himself, his achievements, and his interests, so I accepted to help him as his partner. I don’t know whether those serves were 140 mph or how he got to break the bricks that way, so my guess is just as good as yours. However, he did tell me he won a bench pressing competition lifting 495 pounds (with shirt) this summer, and participated in martial arts competitions.

Of course, Aleksey and I had chatted during the practice sessions and the filming of the dance sequence, but he did not confide his plans to me, so I have no relevant information on his charity, business, book, or resume. I do not know the truth behind his claims, and everything that I’ve learned about this controversy, I’ve read it through blogs following the story. Hence, as a bystander, I wish to be disassociated from the accusations against him, whether justified or unjustified.

Again, I appreciate the nice comments people have sent me (in spite of the bizarre circumstances, I guess), but I’d rather stay clear from this mess.

Thank you,

Nansi

P.S. – And my outfit for the video is what I actually wear at dance competitions, so please do not make a big deal out of that since it is nothing out of the extraordinary in the ballroom world.[/quote]
admin
Site Admin

Return to Chris Beam