Celebrities Send Messages Of Support To Bullied Tennessee St

Gathered together in one place, for easy access, an agglomeration of writings and images relevant to the Rapeutation phenomenon.

Celebrities Send Messages Of Support To Bullied Tennessee St

Postby admin » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:42 am

Celebrities Send Messages Of Support To Bullied Tennessee Student
Keaton Jones has received messages of love from Chris Evans, Millie Bobby Brown, Delanie Walker and more.
by Doha Madani
12/10/17

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

Actors, athletes, musicians and other big name celebrities are using Twitter to rally behind a Tennessee student after an emotional video showed the boy crying about being bullied.

Keaton Jones, a young boy from Knoxville, became an internet sensation after his mother shared a video of his heartbreaking story on Facebook. Keaton was sitting in the car with his mom because he was afraid to go to lunch, and described how the other kids were bullying him.

“They make fun of my nose. They call me ugly. They say I have no friends,” Keaton told his mother as he started to cry.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tw ... ec48ae5032

[Keaton Jones] Just out of curiosity: Why do they bully? What’s the point of it? Why do you find joy in taking innocent people and finding a way to be mean to them? It’s not okay.

[Kimblerly Jones] What did they say to you?

[Keaton Jones] They made fun of my nose. They called me “ugly.” They say I have no friends.

[Kimblerly Jones] What did they do to you at lunch?

[Keaton Jones] Poured milk on me, and they aimed down my clothes, [inaudible] right at me.

[Kimblerly Jones] Just your clothes?

[Keaton Jones] Yep.

[Kimblerly Jones] Was it other kids, too?

[Keaton Jones] It was other kids, too.

[Kimblerly Jones] How’s that make you feel?

[Keaton Jones] If they do it to me, I’m for sure they do it to other people, because it’s not okay. People that are different don’t need to be criticized about it. Because it’s not their fault. If you are made fun of, just don’t let it bother you. They suck, I guess. Hard. But it’ll probably get better one day.

Keaton began his video by asking why people bully other kids, but ended with a message to other kids who have been bullied, to give them some hope. The video has been viewed more than 18 million times on his mother’s Facebook page.

“I don’t like that they do it to me. And I, for sure, don’t like that they do it to other people, cause it’s not okay!” Keaton told his mother. “People that are different don’t need to be criticized about it. It’s not their fault.”

Kimberly Jones, Keaton’s mother, wrote in her post that her son was a good kid and encouraged parents to talk to her children about bullying. Jones did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s request for comment.

The viral video caught the attention of some big names, who wanted to send love and support for Keaton. Actors Chris Evans, Millie Bobby Brown and Patricia Arquette are just a few of the celebrities who have reached out on Twitter to give Keaton some hope.

“Stay strong, Keaton. Don’t let them make you turn cold,” Evans tweeted Sunday. “I promise it gets better. While those punks at your school are deciding what kind of people they want to be in this world, how would you and your mom like to come to the Avengers premiere in LA next year?”

Keaton has received tons of invitations like Evans’ since the video has been out, including being invited as Hailee Steinfield’s date to the “Pitch Perfect 3” premiere. Tennessee Titans tight-end Delanie Walker invited Keaton and his family to a New Year’s Eve game against Jacksonville.

Chris Evans

@ChrisEvans
Stay strong, Keaton. Don’t let them make you turn cold. I promise it gets better. While those punks at your school are deciding what kind of people they want to be in this world, how would you and your mom like to come to the Avengers premiere in LA next year? https://twitter.com/everything_tn/statu ... 4994373637
2:52 PM - Dec 10, 2017

Millie Bobby Brown

@milliebbrown
Keaton, this is so accurate. Why do people do this? I think your sooo cool Keaton! I wanna be your friend ( but srsly) ur freakin awesome ❤️ https://twitter.com/halfadams/status/939626668641067008
4:07 PM - Dec 9, 2017

Hailee Steinfeld

@HaileeSteinfeld
Hi @Lakyn_Jones, could you pass this message along to Keaton? ❤
3:26 PM - Dec 10, 2017

Patrick J Adams

@halfadams
We hear you #KeatonJones. I was bullied constantly growing up. And could never have put into words what you have. It does get better. And it gets better because of who are and what you know and how you share it with all of us. Thank you for your courage. https://twitter.com/jamieogrady/status/ ... 3722509312
3:43 PM - Dec 9, 2017

Patricia Arquette

@PattyArquette
Replying to @JamieOGrady @Lakyn_Jones
Keaton, I'm sorry those kids are being so mean. Unless people like that change they will end up having unhappy lives. I think you're cool!
4:03 PM - Dec 9, 2017

Delanie walker

@delaniewalker82
@DonteStallworth @Lakyn_Jones hopefully my video and the tweets that Keaton have been getting brings awareness to bullying and how serious it is in our school system
2:57 PM - Dec 9, 2017

Todd Chrisley

@toddchrisley
. I need Keaton Jones to appear on Chrisley Knows best , this Kid can change the world and I wanna help him do it .. #keatonbecomesachrisley let’s make this happen .. everyone use the hashtag .
7:41 PM - Dec 9, 2017

UFC

@ufc
Hey, #KeatonJones - you have friends here at the UFC, buddy. Today and everyday. #StandWithKeaton @Lakyn_Jones | @DC_MMA @TWooodley @FelderPaul @SugaRashadEvans @KennyFlorian
12:18 PM - Dec 10, 2017

Sean Hannity

@seanhannity
If someone can get to me the name of the school, the principal, school board members i will gladly make the calls myself and fix this. Also if anyone knows Keaton and his parents, i will gladly fly them to NYC to be my guest & visit Fox News. https://twitter.com/jamieogrady/status/ ... 3722509312
12:06 PM - Dec 10, 2017

Be A King

@BerniceKing
@Lakyn_Jones Hello, Keaton (via your sister)! You may have heard of my parents, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (#MLK) and #CorettaScottKing. I try to honor them and their legacies. I’m so sorry about the pain you’re experiencing because of bullying. You matter. I love you.
2:10 PM - Dec 9, 2017

ANTONIO CROMARTIE

@CRO31
Replying to @JamieOGrady
Keaton you are a handsome young man who is made in the image God. The kids that bully you are very insecure about themselves. And it’s a shame that the parents of those kids won’t be accountable for their kids actions. Keaton Jones I’m here for you buddy. Be Strong young man
5:54 PM - Dec 9, 2017

Colorado Rockies

@Rockies
@Lakyn_Jones For Keaton: You have friends in us here in Colorado. You’re always welcome at Coors Field and if you ever make it to Denver, please be our guest at a game. Keep your head up and always be yourself, don’t let those bullies win!
7:47 PM - Dec 9, 2017
admin
Site Admin

Return to A Growing Corpus of Analytical Materials