Michigan model mother, 45, 'killed her husband, two adult ch

Gathered together in one place, for easy access, an agglomeration of writings and images relevant to the Rapeutation phenomenon.

Michigan model mother, 45, 'killed her husband, two adult ch

Postby admin » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:28 am

Michigan model mother, 45, 'killed her husband, two adult children and the family dog before committing suicide after being shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses'
by Associated Press and Ashley Collman for Dailymail.com
PUBLISHED: 18:03 EST, 17 February 2018 | UPDATED: 10:43 EST, 20 February 2018

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

Police say a Michigan woman killed her husband and two adult children before turning the gun on herself last week.

The bodies of 45-year-old Lauren Stuart, her husband Daniel, 47, and their kids Steven, 27, and Bethany, 24, were found inside the family's Keego Harbor home Friday morning, after a concerned family member called police to conduct a welfare check.

The family dog was also found dead in a bathtub.

Image Image
Police say Lauren Stuart, 45 (left and right), shot and killed her husband Daniel, 47, and their kids Steven, 27, and Bethany, 24, before turning the gun on herself

Since their deaths, friends revealed that the family left the Jehovah's Witnesses five years ago, and had been subsequently shunned by their former community.

The friends speculated that the isolation from the shunning may have been what caused Lauren to snap and kill her loved ones.

Friend Joyce Taylor told the Detroit Free Press that the family left the church five yeas ago because they wanted to send their children to college, which is forbidden by the Christian sect.

Image Image
Friends say the family struggled with being shunned by the Jehovah's Witnesses. The family left the Christian sect five years ago when they decided to let their kids go to college, which the group forbids. Daniel Stuart pictured on the left and his son Steven on the right

When anyone leaves the church, current members are no longer allowed to interact with them, even the Stuart's family members still in the church.

Taylor barged into a Jehovah's Witness meeting on Sunday in Union Lake and blamed them for the triple murder-suicide.

In a video posted online, she is seen getting up on a chair to address the congregation.

'Excuse me everyone, my name is Joyce Taylor... Two days ago, four people died as a result of your shunning process,' Taylor said. 'Five years ago you people pulled your support from this small family, the only support they had was you people. You turned them away and you shunned them.'

The bodies of the four family members were found inside their Keego Harbor, Michigan home Friday morning, after a concerned family member called police

As members tried to get her to step down, Taylor started yelling.

'For what?! Because they wanted to raise their children as they saw fit,' she said.

Police say they are aware of the claim that the family had issues with their former church, but they refused to comment on it. They said Lauren left behind a long suicide note, but would not comment on the details included in that either.

Taylor said she had Lauren over for tea just a week before her death and nothing seemed unusual. Still, she thinks her friend may have been battling a personal problem that was probably exacerbated by her isolation.

[Joyce Taylor] Excuse me everyone. My name is Joyce Taylor. Please excuse me, I'll only be a moment.
[Man] [Whispers to her and grabs her shoulder]
[Joyce Taylor] No! Do not touch me! You cannot touch me. Two days ago, two days ago -- [to another man] get away from here -- two days ago --
[Man] We're going to call the police.
[Joyce Taylor] Please do. Two days ago, two days ago [loud murmuring] Lauren Stuart died, four people died as a result of your shunning process.
[Man] Can we go in the back and talk?
[Joyce Taylor] No. Five years ago you all pulled your support from this small family
[gets up on chair]
[Man] Don't do that, you'll fall. Please get down.
[Joyce Taylor] Do not touch me! Do not touch me!
[Man] Please get down!
[Joyce Taylor] The only support they ever had was you people, and you turned them away, and you shunned them. FOR WHAT?! Because they wanted to raise their children as they saw fit.
[Man] If you do not leave now, the police are on their way!
[Joyce Taylor] Jesus said, 'Just as you did it to the least of mine, you did it to me.'
[Men] [Murmuring]
[Joyce Taylor] Do any of you realize just how fragile the human psyche is?
[Man] Please, we wish that you would stop!
[Joyce Taylor] I hope in your prayers today you will find it in your heart to ask forgiveness for what you guys did.
[Man] We beg you to step down.
[Joyce Taylor] IT'S TERRIBLE!
[Man] Be careful getting down.
[Joyce Taylor] DO NOT TOUCH ME! Thank you everyone.

Image Image
Lauren was an aspiring model. She's pictured above in some of her modeling photos

'She worshiped Danny. Danny worshiped her. They were like hand in glove. But she was very concerned about Dan. He was prone to depression and she was always worried about him,' Taylor said.

She added: 'She was in emotional distress... she felt alone. I was her lifeline.'

After leaving the church, Lauren got into modeling, and still has a modeling website up with professional pictures. She also worked as a personal-trainer and cleaned houses.

Her husband on the other hand, worked as a data solutions architect at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor's Center for Integrative Research in Critical Care.

Neighbors took part in a candlelight vigil for the family after learning about the triple murder-suicide

Neighbors said the family were quiet and kept to themselves. They didn't see the dad often, but the mom was often seen working in the yard or remodeling the home

He was reportedly working on technology that could predict heart attacks.

'Dan was an extraordinarily talented individual and highly valued team member who was making very important contributions,' said Dr. Kevin Ward, the center's executive director. 'Despite his immense talent, he was very humble and was always excited that his contributions may one day help save lives. He will be sorely missed.'

Neighbors say they rarely saw Dan, but that the kids and Lauren were around often.

However, neighbor Jackie Tristani says the family were 'quiet' and mostly kept to themselves.

'Because, you know, I think they were in Jehovah's Witness that they weren't - they didn't have a whole lot of friends around here,' Tristani told Fox 2 Detroit.

Tristani's husband John says the first time they met Lauren, she tried to recruit them into the Jehovah's Witnesses.

'I said we were Catholics and weren’t interested,' he told the Detroit News. 'She accepted the answer and it was the end of that.'

Anyone with information is asked to contact authorities at 248-682-3030.
admin
Site Admin

Return to A Growing Corpus of Analytical Materials