Michael Payne's Guidelines For Discussion On His Articles

Gathered together in one place, for easy access, an agglomeration of writings and images relevant to the Rapeutation phenomenon.

Postby admin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:35 pm

by Michael Payne
Mar 29, 2015 - 10:22pm

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

Michael Payne

I’ve been with WB since its inception and have tried to contribute to making this website a place for honest, rational discussions on many important issues involving this country and its society. I have now reached the point where I find that there are individuals on WB that cannot stay within reasonable guidelines of decent, civil dialogue and cannot exchange logical and rational views and opinions without resorting to personal attacks; and so, I believe that they must be dealt with and that’s what I intend to do from now on.

The problem that I keep encountering is that there are certain individuals who come on this website and enter into discussions on a given article and, instead of contributing positive and constructive comments, they so all sorts of things to disrupt the discussions. While I’m not pleased with those who make baseless comments and contentions totally devoid of supporting facts that may be disturbing but I can live with it.

But when I hear certain persons make insulting, racist remarks or those which demean women, or those who accuse me of being anti-Semitic, or some kind of traitor because I refuse to accept the many mindless policies and actions of this pathetic government; or any other absolutely false accusation, then that person’s entire comments will be removed from the comments section of any one of my articles.

Those are my rules and if anyone wants to call me some kind of verbal tyrant or dictator or suppressor of free speech or just plain arrogant, then they can think whatever they want to. I am and have been a contributing writer for three major websites for over a decade and I have a large following and I have never before encountered this particular problem on any one of them; I also have a strong allegiance to WB because I have been with it from the start; but I’m not here to engage in uncivil, mindless discussions or be insulted.

If my rules for civil discussions are offensive to some out there and they no longer want to read my articles then I am not the least bit concerned because I am no longer going to continue to accept some of the low level verbal garbage from some of those who come onto this website who contribute nothing and just disrupt rational discussions. My aim is to inform and educate and inform people on the most important issues facing this country and its people and the number of comments that my articles receive are most certainly not what motivates me to stay on board.
admin
Site Admin

Return to A Growing Corpus of Analytical Materials