Monsanto's Smear Merchant Attacks, by Food Democracy Now!

Gathered together in one place, for easy access, an agglomeration of writings and images relevant to the Rapeutation phenomenon.

Monsanto's Smear Merchant Attacks, by Food Democracy Now!

Postby admin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:42 pm

Monsanto's Smear Merchant Attacks
by Food Democracy Now!
November 6, 2015

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

We’re getting close to victory, so now Monsanto and their media attack dogs are getting desperate. In a new attack on a research scientist and Food Democracy Now!, they’ve gone so far as publish our home addresses and cell phone numbers to silence us. But we’re not backing down, we’re just getting started!

I’ll admit, this is an email that I had hoped I would never have to write.

Last week, in an effort to retaliate against Food Democracy Now! for daring to stand up and tell the truth about GMOs and stop a prominent research scientist from being attacked publicly, a Monsanto smear merchant published my personal cell phone numbers and a home address on the Internet in an effort to intimidate us. This is a new low.

I can’t imagine how executives at Monsanto or their paid flack, Jon Entine, who runs the biotech industry sponsored website Genetic Literacy Project, can sleep with themselves at night, but this is how far they’re willing to go in their efforts to silence us.

We can’t let Monsanto and their biotech bullies win because they’re willing to sink this low. This is a fight for the future of our democracy and our planet – and at Food Democracy Now! we will not be intimidated or silenced.

This below the belt personal attack against us was the result of us refusing to be silent when the Genetic Literacy Project published the home address, home and cell phone number and email of Dr. Don Huber, a plant pathologist with a long history of exposing the fraudulent science behind GMOs and Monsanto’s bestselling weed killer Roundup.

When we saw the attack piece on Dr. Huber on Genetic Literacy Project’s website, we knew that the other side was just getting started with their more vicious public attacks against those of us who are on the front lines of exposing the biotech industry’s corruption of science and our democracy. And we knew that we had to stand up.

After I Tweeted:

Food Democracy Now! @food_democracy. Dear @MonsantoCo your smear merchant @JonEntine is publishing home addresses and phone numbers. Are these your new terms of engagement?

The good news, within minutes of this Tweet, the Genetic Literacy Project removed Dr. Huber’s home address and phone numbers. But this hasn’t ended the campaign of harassment against him and others on our side who dare to stand up to Monsanto’s corruption of our elected officials, our regulatory process, our democracy and ultimately our food supply.

In retaliation, the Genetic Literacy Project attacked us and published personal information in hopes that they could silence us. He and his financial supporters at Monsanto made a big mistake, because we’re not backing down.

We can’t afford to be silent, especially not to a bully like Monsanto or their paid smear merchants.

There’s too much at stake and we’ve fought too hard to let these desperate tactics stop us when we’re so close to our goal of winning GMO labeling in Washington DC.

And make no doubt about it, the national movement to label GMOs and expose Monsanto has got them and their cronies on the run. So now they’re getting desperate to stop us – but we can’t let them.

In the past 4 years, you’ve help build a movement that’s driven the national conversation on GMOs from California in 2012 to DC today – and now the opposition is getting desperate.

Monsanto has $15 Billion in annual sales, so we are up against a lot. But because of people like you, our movement grows stronger every day and the world is rejecting GMOs. Every week a new country is banning GMOs or Roundup and Monsanto knows if they lose control of science and regulatory policy in the U.S. they will lose worldwide. Which is why our at Food Democracy Now! is such a threat.

In reality, these ruthlessly underhanded tactics are a sign of the fact that we’re winning the fight for GMO labeling and transparency in our food supply, but that doesn’t make it any easier when you have a family and loved ones to protect.

The truth is the more we fight and win, the more these despicable tactics are going to be used against us.

Ever since we started Food Democracy Now!, I knew that we were going to be fighting an uphill battle against some of the most powerful companies on the planet and it wasn’t going to be easy.

This is a dark moment for our movement, but we have faith in the fact that we have hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions, who are waking up everyday to Monsanto’s corruption and the movement to end their corruption is just getting started!

We can’t wait any longer for efforts that stall simple reforms, such as common sense labeling of GMO foods, and we’re certainly not going to allow tactics like this to silence us.

Thanks for standing with us. Be a part of this Grassroots Surge to defeat Monsanto’s lie machine!

Thank you for participating in food democracy. Together we are unstoppable!

Dave Murphy,
Founder / Executive Director
Food Democracy Now!
admin
Site Admin

Return to A Growing Corpus of Analytical Materials