Michelle Fields reports chilling death threat to police: ‘I’

Gathered together in one place, for easy access, an agglomeration of writings and images relevant to the Rapeutation phenomenon.

Michelle Fields reports chilling death threat to police: ‘I’

Postby admin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Michelle Fields reports chilling death threat to police: ‘I’m going to slit your throat’
by Jessica Chasmar
The Washington Times
April 5, 2016

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

Former Breitbart News reporter Michelle Fields said Wednesday that she was forced to temporarily move out of her D.C.-area apartment after Fox News and BuzzFeed accidentally published her address online. (Facebook/@Michelle Joann Fields)

D.C. police are investigating a series of death threats against former Breitbart News reporter Michelle Fields, after a man threatened to slit her throat if she refused to drop charges against Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.

Mr. Lewandowski was charged with simple battery last week after Ms. Fields accused him of forcefully grabbing her at a Florida news conference. Mr. Trump and his campaign have repeatedly called Ms. Fields a liar, and Ms. Fields and five of her colleagues resigned from Breitbart News after the pro-Trump outlet declined to come to her defense.

Ms. Fields said the backlash against her has been significant, and a barrage of death threats she’s reportedly received after Fox News and BuzzFeed accidentally published her home address as part of Mr. Lewandowski’s arrest report have forced her to temporarily vacate her D.C.-area apartment.

Ms. Fields has filed another police report after a man called and gave her 36 hours to drop the charge against Mr. Lewandowski or be killed, according to an audio clip obtained by The Blaze.

Ms. Fields said the backlash against her has been significant, and a barrage of death threats she’s reportedly received after Fox News and BuzzFeed accidentally published her home address as part of Mr. Lewandowski’s arrest report have forced her to temporarily vacate her D.C.-area apartment.

Ms. Fields has filed another police report after a man called and gave her 36 hours to drop the charge against Mr. Lewandowski or be killed, according to an audio clip obtained by The Blaze.

“If I find you, Michelle, I’m going to kill you,” the individual said in the clip.

“OK?” Ms. Fields replied.

“I know where you live,” the man said. “You’ve got 36 hours to drop the charges. I’m dead serious.”

“Or what?” Ms. Fields asked. “What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to slit your throat,” the man replied.

“OK, you have serious issues,” Ms. Fields said.

“Anything else? Or are you just going to keep calling me and saying this?” Ms. Fields said before the man hung up the phone.

A similar phone call was made to Ms. Fields‘ brother, The Blaze reported. She’s also received multiple threats on social media.

“I’m going to stab this knife in your heart, just wait,” someone wrote on Instagram, The Blaze reported. “I know where you live.”

“You are dead, bitch,” another threat reportedly read. “I have someone watching your every move. See you at the morgue.”

An incident report obtained by The Blaze confirmed that Ms. Fields had contacted D.C. police over the threats.

A police spokesperson said an investigation is ongoing.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Michelle Fields reports chilling death threat to police:

Postby admin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:31 pm

Trump campaign manager gets rough with Breitbart reporter
by Hadas Gold
3/9/16

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

Donald Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski forcibly yanked Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields out of the way after his press conference in Florida on Tuesday night.

Fields was attempting to ask Trump a question as he exited the press conference. Secret Service was starting to clear a path, when Fields was forcibly grabbed on her arm by Lewandowski, moving her out of the way and nearly bringing her down to the ground, a source who witnessed the situation told POLITICO.

Fields was clearly roughed up by the move, the witness said.

Daily Caller senior editor Jaime Weinstein, Fields' boyfriend, also tweeted about the situation:

Jamie Weinstein ✔ ‎@Jamie_Weinstein
Trump always surrounds himself w thugs. Tonight thug Corey Lewandowski tried to pull my gf @MichelleFields to ground when she asked tough q
8:28 PM - 8 Mar 2016

The Trump campaign and its security has had several physical run-ins with the press and protesters over the past few months and Trump rallies. Most recently, Time photographer Chris Morris was placed in a choke-hold and slammed onto a table during a rally in Virginia after he attempted to step outside of the press pen to photograph some protesters. The Department of Homeland Security inspector general is currently investigating the incident.

Breitbart News CEO and president Larry Solov said in a statement if it was Lewandowski, he owes her an apology.

"It’s obviously unacceptable that someone crossed a line and made physical contact with our reporter. What Michelle has told us directly is that someone “grabbed her arm” and while she did not see who it was, Ben Terris of the Washington Post told her that it was Corey Lewandowski. If that’s the case, Corey owes Michelle an immediate apology," Solov said.

As of Wednesday afternoon the Trump campaign had not responded to requests for comment. A Breitbart spokesperson said they also had not heard yet from the campaign as of Wednesday afternoon. Fields did not respond to a request for comment.

Hadas Gold is a reporter at Politico.
admin
Site Admin

Return to A Growing Corpus of Analytical Materials