South Park Misogyny on full display in NSA Surveillance "spo

This is a broad, catch-all category of works that fit best here and not elsewhere. If you haven't found it someplace else, you might want to look here.

South Park Misogyny on full display in NSA Surveillance "spo

Postby admin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:22 am

South Park Misogyny on full display in NSA Surveillance "spoof"
by femisex.com
September 28, 2013

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

[Cal] I am so sick of that stupid bitch
A lousy, prissy little skank
Why do people talk on their phone like that?
I can't even get a minute of peace before that bitch walks in holding the cellphone out like this and talking on speaker phone
Nobody wants to hear your goddamn conversations, you little bitch!
You're not that important!

Misogynists in Hollywood love to use gendered hate speech and also like to pretend using gender-hate speech OK because they apply it to both sexes. South Park has a new application of this with their NSA surveillance bit that uses the B word over and over. To see how bigoted this is just sub in racist speech and you’ll understand how terrible South Park and Hollywood is for women and all of humanity.

Stupid bitch, skank, little bitch. To understand how bigoted this is. Just sub in Stupid nigger, little jungle bunny and little nigger for the gendered hate speech. And then ladies, let’s demand an end to misogyny playing under the roof of “entertainment.”

And for heaven's sake, just because Hollywood gives these misogynists Emmy Awards, don't put any stock into that! Think for yourselves!

Obama is the "little ******" they are talking about, with NSA evil, so why turn it back on misogyny? Because they can't lash out at the man doing the evil because ....ya know. So they call Cartman anti-female words. Go figure.
admin
Site Admin

Re: South Park Misogyny on full display in NSA Surveillance

Postby admin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:53 am

My guilt over Family Guy
tobestalks.blogspot.com
May 28, 2007

I admit it, I watch the show Family Guy. I blame all my guy friends from college. They watched the show and I began to watch right along with them. And I often laughed. I loved Stewie, the infant psychopath who always seemed to deliver monologues inspired by Dr. Evil,

Stewie: Well, Well mother we meet again.

Lois: Stewie I thought I tucked you in an hour ago.

Stewie: Not tightly enough it would seem, and now you contemptible harpy, I shall end your oppressive reign of matriarchal tyranny!

I loved his obsession with broccoli and the evil monkey that occupied Chris' closet. There ARE moments that I see and laugh at.

[VIDEO NO LONGER AVAILABLE]

Family Guy operates on the assumption that you can make a joke out of everything, and therefore you can be offended by nothing. And absolutely nothing is off limits on Family Guy: AIDS, homosexuals, homelessness, pedophiles, handicapped people (either physically or mentally) and jokes about racism. So as a viewer we're never suppossed to be offended because Family Guy doesn't take anything seriously.

Okay fine. I get it. But the more I watch the show, the more uncomfortable I feel about my laughter. So many of the jokes on Family Guy are horribly misogynistic. Take this clip where we're supposed to laugh at Quagmire's "rape machine"

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that every single episode of Family Guy features violence against women, jokes at women's expense or some reinforcement of women's traditional gender roles. Family Guy's favorite joke seems to be mocking feminism in general.

Take the episode, "I am Peter Hear me Roar"-- where you get such quotes like.

Lois: I guarantee you a man made that commercial.

Peter: Of course a man made it. It's a commercial Lois, not a delicious thanksgiving dinner

I always told myself not to make a big deal out of Family Guy. Enjoy it for what its worth and try to ignore the parts that seem in bad taste. But in a recent episode I felt like the show really crossed a line. Watch this clip-- the joke is in the first minute or so... The punch line is "Everyone's getting laid but me." And I was horrified. Family Guy is taking it too far. If you keep watching you'll catch the obligatory joke made about women's professional sports.

More clips that offend.

As you can see, there are plenty of options. And several more that I can't find right now. There are plenty of people who have already criticized Family Guy for these problems. Here and here to start.

I feel like Family Guy has potential to be funny but I think jokes about rape are really out of line and maybe ONE episode without women bashing would be great. It's just getting old.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:42 am

Misogynistic Excerpt from "Team America"
directed by Trey Parker
[Without Regard to the "Hate Everything Exception to Criticism", i.e., if we could only hate everything, we would be above criticism, and be in total control of the "virtuous" mirror that reflects our hate back on you.]

[Gary] I know you all don't like Team America a whole lot right now,
but Kim Jong Il is a lot worse.

[Audience] [Booing]

[English woman throws a tomato]

[Alec Baldwin] You can't outact me, boy. Don't even try.

For the truth is that Team America fights for the billion-dollar corporations.
They are just as bad as the enemies they fight.

[Audience] [Clapping]

[Gary] Oh, no, we aren't. We're dicks!

We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks.

And the Film Actors Guild are pussies.

And Kim Jong Il is an asshole.
Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks.

But dicks also fuck assholes,

assholes who just wanna shit on everything.

Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way.

But the only thing that can fuck an asshole
is a dick with some balls.
The problem with dicks is that sometimes they fuck too much.
Or fuck when it isn't appropriate.

[Spottswoode/Nihilist Penis] Yes, Gary, yes.

[Gary] And it takes a pussy to show them that.

But sometimes pussies get so full of shit

that they become assholes themselves.

Because pussies are only an inch and a half away from assholes.

I don't know much in this crazy, crazy world ...
but I do know that if you don't let us fuck this asshole ...

we are gonna have our dicks and our pussies ...
all covered in shit.

[Audience] [Clapping]
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:58 am

Misogynistic Excerpt from "Team America"
directed by Trey Parker
[Without Regard to the "Hate Everything Exception to Criticism", i.e., if we could only hate everything, we would be above criticism, and be in total control of the "virtuous" mirror that reflects our hate back on you.]

SONG: I need this, I need love, I need you.

I don't need one heartbeat, I need two

There's an emptiness I need to fill

And only one emptiness will do

Only a woman can brighten up my day

Only a woman can touch me the right way, yeah

Only a woman is allowed to touch me there

All I ask is that you're a woman

All I ask is that you're a woman

[She shits on his face]

Please just be a woman

admin
Site Admin