DNC head leaked debate question to Clinton

DNC head leaked debate question to Clinton

Postby admin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:48 am

DNC head leaked debate question to Clinton, Podesta emails suggests. Donna Brazile tipped off Clinton’s campaign about Flint water crisis question, according to new emails released by WikiLeaks from John Podesta’s account
by Amber Jamieson
October 20, 2016

NOTICE: THIS WORK MAY BE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT

YOU ARE REQUIRED TO READ THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE AT THIS LINK BEFORE YOU READ THE FOLLOWING WORK, THAT IS AVAILABLE SOLELY FOR PRIVATE STUDY, SCHOLARSHIP OR RESEARCH PURSUANT TO 17 U.S.C. SECTION 107 AND 108. IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIBRARY DETERMINES THAT UNLAWFUL COPYING OF THIS WORK HAS OCCURRED, THE LIBRARY HAS THE RIGHT TO BLOCK THE I.P. ADDRESS AT WHICH THE UNLAWFUL COPYING APPEARED TO HAVE OCCURRED. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING THE RIGHTS OF COPYRIGHT OWNERS.

Donna Brazile, the interim head of the Democratic National Committee, has claimed that she never had access to primary debate questions and never shared them with candidates. Photograph: Paul J. Richards/AFP/Getty Images

A new batch of emails leaked by WikiLeaks from the Gmail account of John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager, were released on Monday, seeming to show Donna Brazile, the interim head of the Democratic National Committee and a CNN contributor, giving Clinton a heads up about a likely debate question the day before she was due to take on Bernie Sanders at a primary debate.

Gabby Morrongiello ✔ @gabriellahope_
Brazile 2 weeks ago: "I never had access to questions and would never have shared them with the candidates if I did"

Yeah, ok.
7:18 AM - 31 Oct 2016

To: john.podesta@gmail.com, jpalnieri@hillaryclinton.com
Date: 2016-03-05 21:16
Subject: One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash

Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint.

Foks, I did a service project today. It's so tragic. And what's worse, some homex have not been tested and it's important to encourage seniors to also get tested.

A woman did ask about the Flint water crisis at the next debate.

On 11 October, Brazile released a statement – after earlier Podesta emails supposedly showed Brazile leaking a CNN town hall question – declaring: “As it pertains to the CNN debates, I never had access to questions and would never have shared them with the candidates if I did.”

Zeke Miller ✔ @ZekeJMiller
Donna Brazile statement on Wikileaks emails
11:49 AM - 11 Oct 2016

Statement from DNC Interim-Chair Donna Brazile

“As a longtime political activist with deep ties to our party, I supported all of our candidates for president. I often shared my thoughts with each and every campaign, and any suggestions that indicate otherwise are simply untrue. As it pertains to the CNN Debates, I never had access to questions and would never have shared them with the candidates if I did.

"But let’s get one thing straight. Our Intelligence Community has made it clear that the Russian government is responsible for the cyberattacks aimed at interfering with our election, and that WikiLeaks is part of that effort. This revelation should deeply trouble all Americans in both parties. And yet, Donald Trump continues to deny that Russia is behind these attempts to meddle with our electoral process and cheer on these efforts to undermine our democracy.

“This is the same man who called for more Russian cyber-espionage against us, who has extensive business ties to Russia, and who regularly coddles Vladimir Putin by praising his leadership and refusing to call him out. I am deeply disappointed that the Republican leaders of the party of Reagan are publicly using information illegally obtained by the Russians, because the national security of our country should not be a partisan issue.

“We are in the process of verifying the authenticity of these documents because it is common for Russia to spread misinformation and forge documents, but we cannot bow down to Putin’s wishes and allow foreign actors to try and divide our country with the hope of affecting the outcome on Election Day. There is too much at stake.” – DNC Interim Chair Donna Brazile

A CNN spokeswoman said the network was “completely uncomfortable” with the news that Brazile allegedly leaked a debate question to Clinton’s campaign. In a statement, Lauren Pratapas said:

On October 14th, CNN accepted Donna Brazile’s resignation as a CNN contributor. (Her deal had previously been suspended in July when she became the interim head of the DNC.) CNN never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate. We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor.

In another message released on Monday, Podesta emails Neera Tanden, the president of Center for American Progress, about Clinton’s prospects and questions her “instincts” in the campaign.

Leaked John Podesta email. Photograph: Wikileaks

To: ntanden@gmail.com
Date: 2015-09-06 18:46
Subject: Re: Carol Larson from Packard

Biden will get in
We are still way more likely than not to win nomination
We've taken on a lot of water that won't be easy to pump out of the boat.
Most of that has to do with terrible decisions made pre-campaign, but a lot
has to do with her instincts.
She's nervous so prepping more and performing better.
Got to do something to pump up excitement but not certain how to do that.

WikiLeaks has been publishing batches of the leaked emails all month, after publishing leaks from the DNC’s emails in October. Podesta and the Clinton campaign have refused to confirm the emails are genuine.
admin
Site Admin

Re: DNC head leaked debate question to Clinton, Podesta emai

Postby admin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:42 am

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/5205

This email has also been verified by Google DKIM 2048-bit RSA key

Re: From time to time I get the questions in advance

To: donna@brazileassociates.com, balcantara@hillaryclinton.com
CC: john.podesta@gmail.com, Minyon.Moore@deweysquare.com
Date: 2016-03-12 19:41
Subject: Re: From time to time I get the questions in advance

Hi. Yes, it is one she gets asked about. Not everyone likes her answer
but can share it.

Betsaida - can you send her answer on death penalty?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2016, at 4:39 PM, Donna Brazile <donna@brazileassociates.com>
wrote:

Here's one that worries me about HRC.

DEATH PENALTY

19 states and the District of Columbia have banned the death penalty. 31
states, including Ohio, still have the death penalty. According to the
National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, since 1973, 156 people
have been on death row and later set free. Since 1976, 1,414 people have
been executed in the U.S. That’s 11% of Americans who were sentenced to
die, but later exonerated and freed. Should Ohio and the 30 other states
join the current list and abolish the death penalty?

Sent from Donna's I Pad. Follow me on twitter @donnabrazile
admin
Site Admin

Re: DNC head leaked debate question to Clinton

Postby admin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:44 am

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/em ... #efmAAGABV

Re: From time to time I get the questions in advance

To: jpalmieri@hillaryclinton.com
CC: balcantara@hillaryclinton.com, john.podesta@gmail.com, Minyon.Moore@deweysquare.com
Date: 2016-03-12 19:54
Subject: Re: From time to time I get the questions in advance

I rarely hear it. I'll send a few more. Though some questions Roland submitted

On Mar 12, 2016, at 4:42 PM, Jennifer Palmieri <jpalmieri@hillaryclinton.com<mailto:jpalmieri@hillaryclinton.com>> wrote:

Hi. Yes, it is one she gets asked about. Not everyone likes her answer but can share it.

Betsaida - can you send her answer on death penalty?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2016, at 4:39 PM, Donna Brazile <donna@brazileassociates.com<mailto:donna@brazileassociates.com>> wrote:

Here's one that worries me about HRC.

DEATH PENALTY

19 states and the District of Columbia have banned the death penalty. 31 states, including Ohio, still have the death penalty. According to the National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, since 1973, 156 people have been on death row and later set free. Since 1976, 1,414 people have been executed in the U.S. That’s 11% of Americans who were sentenced to die, but later exonerated and freed. Should Ohio and the 30 other states join the current list and abolish the death penalty?

admin
Site Admin

Re: DNC head leaked debate question to Clinton

Postby admin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:45 am

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/38478

One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash

To: john.podesta@gmail.com, jpalmieri@hillaryclinton.com
CC: aelrod@hillaryclinton.com, Minyon.Moore@deweysquare.com
Date: 2016-03-05 21:16
Subject: One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash

Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint.

Folks, I did a service project today. It's so tragic. And what's worse, some homes have not been tested and it's important to encourage seniors to also get tested.

admin
Site Admin

Return to Wikileaks