A Revealed Knowledge of the Prophecies and Times, Book 2

That's French for "the ancient system," as in the ancient system of feudal privileges and the exercise of autocratic power over the peasants. The ancien regime never goes away, like vampires and dinosaur bones they are always hidden in the earth, exercising a mysterious influence. It is not paranoia to believe that the elites scheme against the common man. Inform yourself about their schemes here.

Re: A Revealed Knowledge of the Prophecies and Times, by Ric

Postby admin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:19 am

More of the VISIONS which God shewed me, and which I am now commanded to puse.

In the month called June, 1701, at the hour of two in the afternoon, I law 〈◊〉 and, from the wrist downwards, like the hand of a n••, with the fore finger pointed out, appear on a sudden a little above the height of my head, near the door, on the wall or partition of the room I was then in. After this I was informed, by revelation, at night, from the Lord God, that at meant the speedy end of the present king of England and his empire, like Be•azzar and Babylon, both of, which would soon be destroyed.

In the month called May, 1792, I was in a vision, and receiving instruction from God of future things: he shewed me the queen, greatly alarmed at his judgments, by my revelation, with the power of fire; and immediately she cried out, the Lord have mercy on us! we shall all be destroyed! we shall all be destroyed!

After this I was in a vision again, and the Lord God shewed me the present queen of England, coming towards me, slow, trembling, and afraid. This was communicated, with other things, to William Pitt, in the month called June, 1792. And likewise, informing him, at the same time, that it would most certainly be fulfilled: It will; it is established with God, and will be so.

In the beginning of the month of June, 1792, I was in a vision, and was carried away, by the Spirit of God, to the palace called St. James's, where I saw the present king of England; he rose from his seat on seeing me, and immediately sent me his own magnificent star, at the same time breathing on it, and kissing, as if kissing to take a last farewel; yet not with grief and reluctance to give, but with evident satisfaction. Why the king of England should take his own conspicuous ornament, and send it to me, was a thing that I was greatly astonished at; I wished to know the meaning, but could not discover, until a loud voice pronounced, down from heaven, the Lord God delivers his life over into your hands, and he will give you any thing to preserve it. This vision, with others, and other things, was communicated, by Divine command, to the king in 1792. The letter which contained it, with others to the king, the queen, and the chancellor of the exchequer, were put into the penny post-office, to be sent by that conveyance, according to the directions I received on that head by revelation from God.

1794. This day, called Thursday, and the 12th of the month called June, I was in a vision, at the hour of two in the afternoon, when the Lord God spoke to me in a •ice of great quickness, carrying me away to the ••nk of England at the same time, and saying, there is one of twenty. The whole place rung and trembled with the clear, but sharp sound of his words. It is by his sacred and particular command I mention this vision in writing.

The 13th, in the morning, the Lord God said to me, among other things, in a vision, you see those people do not believe, neither will they for all your endeavours; why then do you continue to entreat me for them?

The 14th, in the morning, the Lord God spoke to me, and said, the judgment is now against this nation; the thunder, just past, was to proclaim it: Pharaoh is appointed to die, and his government to be destroyed; the priests, and all the abominable idolatries of Egypt, shall perish, never to be found any more.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:20 am

In the same manner that the Lord God 〈◊〉 to the prophet Samuel, and revealed a knowledge of his, designs, in the same manner also he speaks to me, and reveals a knowledge of his will.

First of Samuel, Chap. iii.

1. And the child Samuel ministered unto the Lord before Eli; and the word of the Lord was precious in those days; there was no open vision.

2. And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see, and ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the Lord, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep.

4. That the Lord called, Samuel; and he answered, here am I. And he ran unto Eli, and said, here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.

6. And the Lord called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel rose, and went to Eli, and said, here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.

7. Now Samuel did not yet know the Lord, neither was the word of the Lord yet revealed to him.

8. And the Lord called Samuel again the third time. And he arose, and went to Eli, and said, here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the Lord had called the child.

9. Therefore Eli said to Samuel, Go, lie down, and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10. And the Lord came and stood, and called, as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. And the Lord said to Samuel, behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.

12. In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

1794. The 25th of the month called June, the Lord God said to me, in a vision of the night, on my bed, in seven days more the judgment will be on this nation.

After this I was in a vision, and the Lord God brought close to me, that I might hear the report of a gun that was fired, and see a man privately shoot at another to kill him: it was so near, that I saw the flash, and smelt the powder. Before the death of the king of Sweden I was shewn, in a vision, similar to this, that he would be delivered over from the protection of God, to be shot.

I know, because the Lord God has explained it to me by revelation, that this vision means, the m•n fired at to be the present king of England

He will be shot, but not killed; he will be wounded, but not mortally.

He has not believed me at any time, although I fully informed him in 1792, and since, that it would be so; neither will he, until the very evil is visited on him: and visited on him, to increase his distress, at a time when he is surrounded with danger, and loaded with trouble: it most certainly will. Then the king of England will be convinced, by woeful and feeling proofs, but it will be very late:—comparatively, when death knocks at the door, that he despised the offered mercy of God in 1792, and constantly since his best friend, among mankind, as false.

In the month called March, 1794, I was in a vision, and the Lord God shewed me a large and very tall oak tree; it stood alone; it was entirely withered, and all its branches were cut off While I was considering the tree, its lonely condition and nakedness, I heard a very loud voice call out of heaven, how down that tree. Immediately the the tree was covered with a thick cloud of darkness, and an angel descended from God, who struck the tree with so violent a blow that it fell to the ground, and in its fall it made a great noise.

1794. First of the month called July, the Lord God said to me, among other things, in a vision, early in the morning, for I had been earnestly praying to him the evening before to hasten my revelation to the Jews, and inform me how long it would be until it took place; because I was d•ly used as an impostor, for publishing his commands, by wicked men; every one of them led on under the influence of an evil spirit—You must be at Constantinople, in your way to Jerusalem, by this time next year.

The 2d of the same month, the Lord God said to me, in a vision on my bed, early in the morning, in breaking bread you must not any longer say, to any person, peace and friendship, but salvation only to the spiritual.

I know, by revelation, that Christopher Hove, clergyman, who was unjustly tried, condemned, and put to death in London, in the year of 1651, had the divine Spirit of the living God, and prophesied from it. He testified of me at that time under different names, though all of them 〈◊〉 one and the same person; that of a Bright Star, as a Sound of Thunder in the ears of the wicked, a Lantern to the Jews, and a Great Man.

The Lord God commands me to give this testimony, and also to say, that he will soon send, it anger, the visitation of his judgment on London, and call her to a strict account for shedding not only the blood of this righteous man, but likewise all his other faithful witnesses. I know likewise, by revelation from the Lord God, and am commanded to write it down, that John Maximilian Dau• was sanctified by the Divine Spirit of Truth, and prophesied, under its sacred direction, in the year of 1709. He has also testified of me under different names.

The Lord God commands me to inform you, John Wright, that you are of the Hebrews, of the tribe of Levi, descended from Aaron the high priest, by Phineas, Zadok, and Ezra; for which the covenant to your forefather, Phineas, of an everlasting priesthood, is renewed, given to you, to be manifested in you.

Numbers, Chap. xxv.

10. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

11. Phinehas, the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, while he was zealous for my sake among them, that I consumed not the children of Israel in my jealousy.

12. Wherefore say, behold I give to him my covenant of peace.

13. And he shall have it, and his seed after him; even the covenant of an everlasting priesthood; because he was zealous for his God, and made an attonement for the children of Israel.

This is the recorded testimony which the Lord my God commands me to give; and to say to you likewise, you are sanctified by the Holy Ghost, the Divine Spirit of Truth.

The Lord God commands me to say to all you, professing Christianity, whom I have, by his sacred direction, acknowledged to be of the Hebrews, descended from Israel; for you, and your children after you, are some of his chosen people; not to take up, in obedience to any law or any human power whatever, warlike arms, to shed blood, or commit violence, in conseque•e of the approaching calamities which he will most surely bring on this Egyptian land.

Neither mind the people that blaspheme God, and revile you for believing in his testimonies: the wicked have always rose against the righteous, and this land, like Egypt of old, has many task-masters to abuse and oppress in it. Therefore comfort yourselves in the knowledge of the promises of God to his servants: For I declare, by his sacred command, that the visible Jews are but few in number, compared to the great multitude professing Christianity, but all descended from the former Jews in the land of Israel, the forefathers of the present visible ones; which were, at different times, led captives into all nations: your lives are long, their's but short; you are the holy seed, the people and saints of the Most High; to whom, and your children for ever, belongs the possession and government of his kingdom.

The Lord God, who was the Lord Jesus Christ, commands me now, and not until now, to insert the following testimonies, as a warning to all blasphemers, and as a reason to all men, that do not know, why he said to me, in the preceding part of this book, you may inform the king of England that I call you my nephew.

The Gospel of St. Matthew, Chap. xii.

46. While he (meaning Christ) yet talked to the people, behold his mother, and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.

Chap. xiii. 36. Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house; and his disciples came to him, saying, declare to us the parable of the tares of the field.

37. He answered, and said to them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of Man.

38. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; the enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

40. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it shall be also in the end of this world.

41. The son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity, and shall cast them into a furnace of fire; there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their father. Who hath ears to hear let him hear.

47. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like to a not that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind; which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

49. So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just. And shall cast them down into the furnace of fire; there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

51. Jesus says to them, have ye understood all these things? They say to him, yea, Lord.

53. And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence. And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue; insomuch that they were astonished, and said, whence has this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?

55. Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And his brethren (meaning his brothers) James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

56. And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then has this man all these things? And they were offended at him. But Jesus said to them, a prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

After the Lord Jesus Christ was born of the blessed Virgin Mary, she was married to Joseph; by whom she had sons and daughters: they were supposed, as the unquestionable testimony of the Gospel demonstrates, to be his brothers and sisters.

St. Paul the apostle, and likewise St. Mark, has left on record similar testimonies, which corroborate the preceding one.

Being, myself, descended from that James, the eldest son of Mary, by Joseph, whom St. Paul calls the Lord's brother, is the reason that the Lord God, who was the Lord Jesus Christ, said to me, as an expression of fondness, and to manifest his regard, You may inform the king of England that I call you my nephew.

St. Paul, Galatians, Chap. i.

19. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James, the Lord's brother.

St. Mark, Chap. vi.

2. And when the sabbath day was come, He (meaning Christ) began to teach in the synagogue; and many hearing him were astonished, saying, from whence has this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given to him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?

3. Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James and Joses, and of Juda and Simon? And are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

The Lord God commands me to say, for the information and warning of all men, That between this day the 25th of the present month called October, and the beginning of the month called June, 1795, without mentioning to any person at what particular time in that interval, my revelation to the Jews, with a sign the same as Moses in Egypt—and to the people of London, will take place: to the former, to receive the commands of God through me, and to collect all their property and depart in great haste from all nations to their own land: the ships of England, France, Spain, and all Europe, will be obedient to the commands of God to carry home their wealth, and all the people that chuse to go by sea: to the letter, to convince them the destruction of London in 1791, according to the eighteenth chapter of the Revelation, would have been fulfilled, but for my entreaty. To fulfil the iv. chapter and the 5th verse of the Prophet Malachi, which is, behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. I myself, am the appointed prophet to fulfil that chapter and character. Therefore I warn all people in all nations —that the terrible day of the Lord, alluded to, is nigh; it is not the day of universal judgment, but the day which is to burn like an oven, and which is to consume the wicked from the face of the earth—like the stubble of the field. Then, according to the Prophet Daniel in the seventh chapter, the kingdom, and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, will be given for an everlasting possession to the people and saints of the Most High. Being to be revealed the same as Moses, but in the same spirit and power as Elijah, when he destroyed the soldiers and priests of Ahab, I am to repronounce his judgments, to execute them on all false Christs and false prophets; and afterwards to call down fire from heaven to consume the enemies of God.

The Lord God commands me to say to you, William Bryan, that you are of the Hebrews, and of the tribe of Judah; and that you, with John Wright, are appointed, and will be commmanded by him, to testify publicly to the world who I now am, and what my future designation is.

The Lord God will influence and command numbers of his people, both men and women, to give the same public testimonies. He will also give them, to fulfil the prophecy of Joel in the ii. chapter, in wonderful visions, dreams, and open signs in the heaven, a knowledge of the approaching times.

23. And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy; your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions.

29. And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days, I will pour out my spirit.

30. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth; blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

32. And it shall come to pass, that whatsoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in Mount Zion, and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord has said, And in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.

The Revelation to St. John, Chap. vi. Which relates to the present war—its progress— and consequences; and its destruction by the woeful, but judgment of an offended God.

1. And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals and I heard as it were the sound of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, come and see. And I saw, and behold a white horse; and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given to him; and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3. And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, come and see. And there went out another horse that was red; and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one mother: and there was given to him a great sword.

5. And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, come and see. And I beheld, and lo, a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, a measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny, and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7. And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, come and see. And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with him; and power was given to them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, how long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth. And white robes were given to every one of them; and it was said to them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

The fifth seal is now opened, the secret prophecy contained under it is published for the information and benefit of all men.

The opening of the next seal, while it brings woe to the wicked, will manifest to the Jews the great power and name of their prince with God, as recorded by Daniel, for their deliverance and restoration.

The Prophet Daniel, Chap. xii.

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which stands for the children of thy people; and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never since there was a nation, even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

The time of the world alluded to, when the woful calamities mentioned here will take place, is just now come: Myself, who will be the revealed prince of Israel, is the Michael and the great prince alluded to here by the angel speaking to Daniel: but not the Lord Jesus Christ visibly, who is God, and the king over all: neither is it the angel that is mentioned under the name of Michael in the 10th chapter, and 13th verse.

2. And many of them that sleep in the dost of the earth shall awake; some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

3. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness, as the stars for ever and ever.

4. But, thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be encreased.

8. And I heard, but understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9. And he said, Go thy way, Daniel; for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

At this time, which is the time alluded to by the angel informing Daniel, the earth will quake and be rent in many places: the heaven will be convulsed, opening and shutting, and shewing many fearful signs: there will be storms of wind, sail, and showers of rain, with violent thundering and lightning: the very beasts of the field, birds of the air, and fishes of the sea, will be frightened: all the inhabitants of the earth will tremble for their lives, dreading that it is the hour of their dissolution and day of universal judgement; so fierce and terrible will the great anger of God be manifested against a wicked world, professing Christ with their lips, but teaching rebellion against his blessed Gospel in their public laws and forms of prayer.

Swearing oaths; the Lord's supper, or taking the sacrament to remember him and commemorate the awful moment when he gave it to his disciples, is made a qualification, even to the must unthinking, abandoned, and wicked, to serve in any public office or employment whatever.

Of the public prayers. Our Father, which art in heaven; hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; which is the kingdom of peace; is very good: but the next form of prayer is beseeching God to go forth with fleets and armies: this is very bad, because it is in direct opposition to the former; it encourages, strife, hatred, war, and bloodshed; it is calling on God to keep back his kingdom, and to overthrow his own gospel of peace. The worship of Christians ought to be pure, humble, and peaceable, without any mixture of politics or directional constraints from human law.

The bishops are called Lords Spiritual. To ordain a clergyman, be must kneel down before a bishop, while he says, "Receive the Holy Ghost, for the office and work of a priest in the church of God, now committed unto thee by he imposition of our hands. Whose sins thou lost forgive, they are forgiven; and whose sins thou dost retain, they are retained.

Likewise at the consecration of a bishop, it is said, "Receive the Holy Ghost, for the office and work of a bishop in the church of God, ••w committed unto the by the imposition of our b•••ds; in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. And remember that thou stir up the grace of God, which is given thee by this imposition of our hands."

As there is in truth no Lord but God, no man ought to assume his sacred name. No man is spiritual that has not the Holy Ghost, the Divine Spirit of T•u•h; it is by Christ th•• it is given and he will not give it to any that promotes the evil of war and disobedience to his Gospel. A prince may give to a man a title, but it is God only that can make him spiritual• he cannot give that mighty Spirit which he has not the power to command, and which he never received the gift of himself. To pursue then any longer such a false form of ordination and consecration, is not only dishonourable to the king, parliament, and people of England, but also a reproach to the bishops to attempt to give, and to the clergy to kneel down to receive.

Turn from such deceitful unmanly ways, and endeavour to live long; for it is the word of God through a man that points at the crime, and warns you to forsake, what must, if you do not, lead to certain death: for, believe me, the day of destruction to punish disobedience to the Gospel is so very nigh, that it will take place before the commencement of eight months from this day.

Look at your wives, your children, and all that is dear to you on earth; then consider how great the blessing to have them, to live with, and possess them; but how terrible the evil to separate, to be burnt with fire—to die, and lose them for ever.

Remember, God created man in his own image and likeness, and created the earth for his use; that man might believe in him, and obey his commands.

He brought the children of Israel out of Egypt to conduct them to the promised land, but when they disobeyed him in the wilderness, he destroyed thousands of them. He burnt Sodom and Gomorrah, because the people were wicked; but he saved Nineveh, which was also denounced, because the people repented.

The Lord God is great, merciful, and compassionate to forgive all that do entreat and obey his commands; but be assured, he is also great, mighty, and powerful, jealous of his sacred name and honour when given to men: and he can do now what he did of old, they are recorded for our example and warning, that is, overthrow cities, and destroy multitudes in an instant.

Life, blessing, and peace, is the inheritance of the servants, the saints, and people of the Most High.

Revelation, Chap. vi. continued.

12. And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood: and the stars of heaven fell to the earth, even as a fig tree casts her untimely figs when she is shaken by a mighty wind: and the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondsman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens, and in the rocks of the mountains; and said to the mountains and rocks, fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Second Book of Esdras, Chap. ii.

42. I Esdras, saw upon the Mount Zion a great multitude of people, whom I could not number, and they all praised the Lord with songs.

43. And in the midst of them there was a young man of a high stature, taller than all the rest, and upon every one of their heads he set crowns, and was more exalted; which I marvelled at greatly.

44. So I asked the angel, and said, Sir, what are these? He answered and said to me, these be they that have put off the mortal cloathing, and put on the immortal: (It means the Jews, who, when I am revealed, will acknowledge that the Lord Christ is the Lord God: then they will put off the mortal cloathing unbelief and error, and put on the immortal cloathing of faith and righteousness) and have confessed the name, of God: now are they crowned, and receive palms.

46. Then said I to the angel, what young person is that which crowns them, and gives them palms in their hands. So he answered and said to me, it is the Son of God, whom they have confessed in the world. Then I began greatly to recommend them that stood so stifly for the name of the Lord.

The Son of God, alluded to here, is not the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, as has been always erroneously supposed; but a human being, of flesh and blood, like any other. It is a man, and but a man; though recorded, and honoured with being called the Son of God. It is myself, who am the man that will be made that prince, alluded to by Ezekiel, in the xliv. xlv. xlvi. and xlviii. chapters of this Prophecy; and in the second chapter of Haggai, when kingdoms are convulsed with violence and war, with the fall of thrones and the destruction of armies, as a promised, a designed signet, manifested to the world by the great power and extended goodness of God. It is that man, whom God has designed to be the visible prince of Israel. As a believer in God, by, and through Christ, the divine Spirit of Truth, and an obeyer of his commands, he is a son, an adopted son: so is every man under heaven an acknowledged son, whether rich or poor, that does the same; and so is every woman likewise, an adopted, an acknowledged daughter.

Remember the words of the Lord Jesus Christ in the Gospel, where he says, after this manner therefore pray ye, Our Father which art in heaven, &c. As God then is our father, we, that acknowledge and pray to him as such, are surely his sons and daughters.

All that believe in the testimony of God by me, which he now commands me to make known, are his people, a part (because the visible Jews are the great body) of that innumerable multitude, shewn by the angel to Esdras, crowned, and receiving palms.

The Lord God commands me to remind all people of the loud thunder that was on the 7th of August last, and to say, it was a threat from him to destroy London, sooner than suffer me to be hurt: take it for a warning, and beware of the dreadful consequences that will most certainly ensue, if a similar injury is intended against me: for if you, the English Government, is determined to molest me, the Lord God is also determined to oppose you; and will visit with death on his enemies, and with destruction on their capital. For the English Government, both what is called civil and ecclesiastical, in its present form, will, by the fierce anger and determined judgment of the Lord God, be removed, annihilated, and utterly destroyed, before the expiration of ten months from this day.

For those unhappy men, which compose it, as if the injustice of the present war was not sufficient to provoke him, have imprudently gone on, adding evil to evil, and now, more than before, publicly encourage blasphemy against him, and abuse against his prophet. Why do they do so? said the Lord God to me. Why? because you have not their mark, but my seal; you have not their authority, the laying on the hands of their bishops, to give the Holy Ghost to prophecy by, but my Spirit, yet those are the men that pretend to judge of spirits, to discern the good from the evil: they suppose every man, that speaks or writes under the power and influence of God, is a false prophet, an impostor under delusion; because the words of truth, by him, go to contradict their mark, their human ordinances, and political forms of prayer.

The Lord Jesus Christ says, in the fifteenth chapter of his Gospel by St. Matthew, "but in vain they do worship me, teaching, for doctrines, the commandments of men.

And because the annunciation of my kingdom of peace and preservation, brings with it the sentence of death against their kingdom of war and human destruction; therefore, hear what the Lord God says to me by revelation, and commands me to write, that, as they have encouraged blasphemy against me, they shall not prosper; for I will send a blast on them that will confound all their counsels: and, as they have encouraged abuse against you, whom I sent, and who entreated me for their good, I will deliver them over to the power of their enemies; to be hated by every body, despised, and trod under foot like mire in the streets.

The Lord God commands me to say, for the information of the English government, the judges, and all men, that the prisoners, now in confinement, and on trial for their lives, charged with the crime of High Treason against the life of the king of England, are innocent: as such, he requires me to make known to the king his sacred commands in writing, and to publish this for the knowledge of all.

The Lord God commands me to inform, through this book, all that honour him—his servants—the peaceable and righteous in all nations, which have had their property, whether in land or money, confiscated, for no other reason than because the nation they belonged to declared war against the nation they lived in, all such property, or its full value, with reasonable interest set the time, shall most surely be restored.

And you, Peter Woulse, one of the Avignon Society, whom the Lord my God commands me to mention here by name, as a testimony of his great regard, your property, confiscated in France, will all be restored with interest, and much kindness shewn to you by the members of its government: they will restore the property of every other peaceable individual likewise: by the same divine rule of justice, Spain, England, Prussia, Germany, Holland, and all other nations in Europe, must restore theirs. For the time of the world is just now come, and God is firmly determined to manifest his mighty power, for the prservation of his people and saints, by fulfilling by me his words in the eleventh chapter of Isaiah, a part of which are— But with righteousness he will judge the poor, and reprove, with equity, for the meek of the earth; and he shall smite the earth with the road of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked.

RICHARD BROTHERS.

LONDON, No. 57, Paddington Street,
26th of the month called October. 1794

The Prophet Isaiah, Chap. xli.

25. I have raised up one from the north, (meaning the revealed Prince of the Hebrews at this time) and he shall come; (meaning to Jerusalem, from that northern part of the world alluded to; England lies in the north, and it is indeed the country meant: from the rising of the sun he shall come upon princes as upon mortar, and as the potter treads clay.

Isaiah stood at Jerusalem when this prophecy was given, writing and recording it by the direction of God, he looked to the northern part of the world, where this distinguished person, which he so clearly mentions, is first to rise, and then come to Jerusalem, calling on the name of the Lord, from the rising to the setting of the sun; as zealous for an obedience to the Gospel, as David, his father, was for the law: travelling in the mighty strength of the Spirit, and armed with the divine power of fire, like Elijah*, he will subject nations, remove thrones, and burn all rebel princes.

26. Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know; and before the time, (meaning before the prophecy is fulfilled; it being 2461 years from its declaration then to its accomplishment, now this present year 2795,) that we may say, He is righteous! yea there is none that sheweth, yea, there is none that declareth; yea, there is none that heareth yout words.

The king of England, and the members of his government, the parliament, bishops, judges, and all the ambassadors from foreign nations, in London, have received the information of their fall and destruction; but they all refuse to believe, and by so doing fulfil exactly what the prophet means, when he says, yea, there is none that heareth your words.

27. The first shall say to Zion, behold, behold them; (meaning the Jews, crouding home to Jerusalem in great multitudes) and I will give to Jerusalem one that bringeth good tidings. (It means the revealed prince, returning home with the people, to rebuild the desolate city, and make her rejoice.)

28. For I beheld, and there was no man; even among them there was no counsellor that, when I asked of them, could answer a word.

Here the Holy Ghost, the spirit of God, spoke by Isaiah, as if speaking by myself at this very hour; for I have sent books of the judgments of God to the king of England, and the members of his government, his parliament, his bishops, his judges, and all the foreign ambassadors in London, for their respective countries: but to accomplish what is so faithfully recorded by the prophet, where he speaks spiritually as myself—Even among them there was no counsellor that, when I sent to them, could answer a word.

29. Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing; their molten images are wind and confusion.
admin
Site Admin

Other Parts of the Revelation to St. John which are to be fulfilled, and which the Lord God commands me now to publish.

Chap. xiii. 1.

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns; and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of Blasphemy.

This beast means the English monarchy; and it is by ships and commerce that it has rose from the sea to such astonishing grandeur and magnitude. The heads, horns, and crowns, allude to the many departments of government, and their splendid distinctions. The Blasphemy means the titles given to, and assumed by the king of England; such as, Our most Gracious Sovereign Lord, sacred Person, Majesty, defender of the Faith, and supreme head of the Church; all which names belong to God, he only can be what they express, and when they are applied to any other, the sin is blasphemy in his sight.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

The English monarchy, for being supreme head of the Church, and over the many religious sects tolerated in the country, is the reason that it is, for their great number, compared to a leopard full of spots.

As a bear is very strong on his feet, so is the English monarchy: and as a lion roars with his mouth the loudest of any beast, so does the English monarchy proclaim its greatness more than any other.

3. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

The beginning of this verse means the death of Charles the first, king of England: and the deadly wound being healed, means the recovery of monarchy by the restoration of Charles the second. During the interval of time between the death and succession, all the world wondered if the English monarchy would ever be restored again.

9. If any man have an ear let him hear. He that leads into captivity, shall go into captivity: he that kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

The leading into captivity means imprisonment and slavery: and killing with the sword, means violence and war. The patience of the saints is, to bear quietly with those evils, and to resist the temptations of wealth to do them: All that have faith in God will not do such things, from a belief that they are offensive, because he commands them not.

11. And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

This verse means the Elector of Hanover. Coming up out of the earth, is to signify that his country or government is situated inland. The horns of a lamb, and the voice of a dragon, means that although he is weak in power like a lamb, yet by his voice he can threaten in great and mighty words like a dragon.

12. And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, &c.

It means the elector of Hanover's succession to the crown, place, and power of the former king of England. To fulfil this part of the prophecy given by revelation to St. John, the utter expulsion of the Stuart family must against all human opposition have taken place to admit the elector of Hanover.

A great part of this chapter is taken up in describing the king and parliament. I am commanded to inform both of the recorded judgments of God, the dangers which threaten them, and their certainty of taking place, unless they implore him for mercy, and obtain it.

They have individually promised, by their godfathers and godmothers, in the sacred covenant of baptism, and acknowledge a confirmation of it by receiving the sacrament, (for both were instituted by the Lord Jesus Christ) to believe in him and obey his commands; yet, notwithstanding this heaviest of all obligations which a human being can enter into, (for it is with his God,) and on the performance of which his salvation depends, the laws they make a part of the Thirty nine Articles, and some of the forms of prayer, used in public worship, goes more to break the covenant of baptism, to dishonour God, and oppose an obedience to his blessed Gospel, than was ever authorised in any other nation.

Without submitting to the forms of law prescribed by act of parliament, which are in direct opposition to the commands of Christ, and very sinful to do, no man can hold any place of profit or trust, enjoy the privilege of freedom, and comparatively to buy or sell.

17. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18. Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six.

This verse means the the English parliament; and although it exceeds the number mentioned here, yet notwithstanding, it is the real and very assembly of men alluded to in the Revelation, by the number of 666.

Because the parliament acknowledge and address the king by the divine names which belong only to God; such as, our most gracious Sovereign Lord, Sire, Majesty, and honour him with equal humility in supplication, when they require any thing, as if he really was the Lord of heaven and earth; such as, Humbly praying that your Majesty would be most graciously pleased, &c. Therefore God, in his great anger, being jealous of his name and honour, calls the king a beast, and the parliament his image and number.

Chap. xiv. 1. And I looked, and lo, a lamb stood on Mount Sion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand, having his father's name written in their fore-heads

The lamb, mentioned here, means myself as Prince of the Hebrews; and Mount Sion, Jerusalem: the hundred and forty-four thousand with me, having the name of my father wrote in their foreheads, means not only the visible Jews of the twelve tribe, but likewise the invisible—it comprehends all of Hebrew extraction that will believe in the testimony of God by me.

6. And I saw another angel 〈◊〉 in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting Gospel, to preack to them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people; saying with a loud voice, fear God, and give glory to him, for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

8. And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; that great city! because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

9. And the third angel followed them, saying, with a loud voice, if any man worship the beast, and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone, in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the lamb: and the smoke of their torment ascends up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever, receives the mark of his name.

12. Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Chap. xvi 1. And I heard a great voice out of the temple, saying to the seven angels, go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

2. And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and on them which worshipped his image. And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea, and it became as the blood of a dead man; and every living soul died in the sea.

4. And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. And I heard the angel of the waters say, thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and was, and shalt be; because thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to to drink; for they are worthy.

10. And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast, and his kingdom was full of darkness, and they gnawed their tongues for pain; and blasphemed the God of heaven, because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.

Chap. xxi. 6. And he said to me, it is done, I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end: I will give to him that is a-thirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8. But the fearful and unbelieving, and the abominable and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.

The Lord God commands me to say to you, George the third, king of England, that immediately on my being revealed, in London, to the Hebrews as their prince, and to all nations as their governor, your crown must be delivered up to me, that all your power and authority may instantly cease. On my being revealed, the invisible power of the angel of God, which gaurds me now, will then become visible as a flame of fire; the very same that accompanied Moses and the children of Israel out of Egypt. I must not acknowledge any superior but the Lord Christ, who is the Lord God: and as a man raised up, like David, by him to be a prince, he commands me to allow no equal, but instantly to burn out of his kingdom the rebellious and disobedient. Read the xli. chap. and verse 25, of Isaiah.

Be advised by this, for evil is going to be let loose; when it is, the king of England will no more believe the signs of God by me than the king of Egypt would by Moses; therefore, desire your servants to deliver to you all letters and messages from me; for, it is for your contempt to me that your country is ordered to be invaded, and your power to be destroyed. The tall oak, with all its branches cut off, mentioned in one of the visions of God, in the preceding part of this book, means yourself and family.

The Lord God commands me to say to you, Nathaniel Brassey Halhed, that as you are reviled and considered, by your former acquaintances, as ruined and lost, for speaking the truth as he manifested it to you, for publishing your testimony of me, his servant, you shall, by the expiration of three months, from this day, have your choice of being either governor general of India, or president of the board of controul in England; that all men may be convinced, that he that rules in heaven is able to exalt or to abase; that he is still able, even at this late hour of a wicked world, to reward the obedient to his blessed Spirit, and give the most eminent places on earth to whomsoever he pleases.

The Lord God commands me to inform all men, as a prevention, in future, to their asking unnecessary questions, that all that is proper and allowable for me to relate from him, is published in this book.
admin
Site Admin

The Copy of a letter to William Pitt, Chancellor of the Exchequer, which the Lord commands me now to publish.

In obedience to the sacred command of the Lord God, whose servant and prophet I am, I inform the chancellor of the Exchequer, that the prisoners now in confinement, and on trial, charged with the crime of High Treason against the king's life, are innocent.

I am likewise commanded to inform you, because God is very merciful and compassionate, that the seventh chapter of the prophecy of Daniel, and last part of the sixth chapter in the Revelation to St. John, will be fulfilled before the expiration of seven months from this day. And also my revelation to the Hebrews, as their prince and leader, according to the twelfth chapter of the prophecy of Daniel; to the king and people of England, and the people of all nations, as their ruler—for—and immediately under God, according to the twenty-second chapter of the second book of Samuel; to all nations, as the promised Signet of Peace, according to the second chapter of Haggai; and as Elijah, to the wicked, the revilers, and blasphemers against God, according to the fourth chapter of Malachi.

RICHARD BROTHERS.

No. 57. Paddington Street,
9th of the month called November.

The king and duke of Portland, as secretary of state, were wrote to at the same time.
admin
Site Admin

Revelation, Chap. xi.

15. And the seventh angel sounded, and there were great voices in heaven, saying, the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdome of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

RICHARD BROTHERS,

The man that will be revealed to the Hebrews as their prince; to all nations as their governor; according to the covenant to king David, immediately under God.

LONDON, No. 57, Paddington Street,
20th of the month called February, 1795.

THE END.
admin
Site Admin

Re: A Revealed Knowledge of the Prophecies and Times, Book 2

Postby admin » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:52 am

ANECDOTES OF RICHARD BROTHERS, THE PROPHET.

[From the Register of the Times, for March, 1795.]

This extraordinary character having, for some months past, been the theme of the public in general, induces us to state some particulars respecting him, that, we trust, will gratify the curiosity of our readers. To see a man rising from the humble state of a workhouse, to that of a person attracting the attention of all ranks and degrees, for his prophetic assertions, has justly excited astonishment. Let him be a madman, enthusiast, or hypocrite, he must be considered as the most extraordinary man this century has produced. To cause the most distinguished divines to hesitate in their opinions, respecting the truth or falsehood of his scripture expositions, is, surely, in an untutored man, a most wonderful trait of character. Allowing him to be a hypocrite, to blind an appearance of truth so artfully, with the reality of falsehood, as to confound the most learned in scripture, evinces a faculty that few men, however powerful in the arts of delusion, in the course of ages, are found to possess. As a madman, there is such an urbanity of manners, such a piety of principle, such a forbearance of self-gratification, such a uniform perseverance in attending to the welfare of human nature -- that we think it impossible for all the faculty, versed in the different kinds of Mania, to define the nature of Mr. Brothers's madness, and to class it under its respective species. Supposing him an enthusiast, he is equally extraordinary. Such persons are generally impelled to the most strenuous and violent of bodily and mental efforts. Their faculties are in a state of perpetual agitation. Their passions seldom find a quiescent pause from continual excitement. -- Their object, whatever it may be, so powerfully interests all their thoughts, that they are never becalmed, by rest or peace, until nature, exhausted, submits to their soothing influence; but, contrary to this, Mr. Brothers has appeared to be almost divested of the common passions of nature. Ever calm -- ever collected -- ever affable and communicative of sentiments, dictated by a boundless attachment to the peace of man, if an enthusiast, he is, of all enthusiasts, -- the most wonderful.

The above observations are stated merely as evidence of his singularity of character. They are not meant to vindicate or disprove the veracity of his predictions, or his being the chosen restorer of the Israelites to their kingdom.

With regard to the particulars that have transpired respecting Richard Brothers, -- we have to state the following:

In 1782, he was a lieutenant on board the Albion, of 64 guns. This ship being paid off in 1783, he was reduced to his half-pay, on which he supported himself until 1789, when some religious scruples arising in his mind against the taking of oaths, he was prevented receiving his arrears until there were two years due, in 1791. At this period he lodged with a Mrs. Green, in Dartmouth Street, with whom he had then resided three years. During this time, he behaved with honesty, affable temper, and morality of principle.

Although he suffered the greatest distress from not receiving his arrears of pay, amounting to 130l. by refusing to take the necessary oaths before the Agent, yet he persisted in refusing to be guilty of the crime, which he calls voluntarily swearing. -- The reason he stated for his refusal was, that he considered swearing, every six months, as a qualification to receive pay, was unnecessary, unjust, and wicked. Having stated what he considered the concealed and unheeded cruelty of the oath, in addition to objections against the form, he was told, there was an order of council to take the oath, and that it was not in the power of the admiralty to dispense with it.

He soon after supported his former objections, and made another request, that he might receive his pay without being obliged to take the oath. On this occasion, he observed, that if the order of council inforced an oath, in any manner or any form whatever, and that the man it was directed to operate upon, swore that he was not forced, but that the oath he took was a voluntary act, the result of his own free will -- would it not, in the sight of God in heaven, and every man of discernment under him on earth, amount to a false oath? These reasons and objections he published, at the time, in the Public Advertiser. He also published the letter he received from the admiralty, stating their insufficient power to dispense with the usual form of swearing. Knowing the president of the admiralty was a member of the council, he wrote to him: In this, he stated, that as men, whether few in number, or the increased multitude of a senate, were not infallible, they must consequently be subject to error. To enforce this assertion, he alluded to the decision of the privy council, relative to a native of Glasgow, who had his ship seized in the West-Indies, for what, he considered, was an undesigned infringement of the Navigation Act.

Such was his aversion to taking the oath that he endured the want of even a bit of bread. Without considering him a Prophet, but merely as a man of purity and piety of principle, he is to be admired for the fortitude with which he endured his sufferings, rather than obtain relief by committing an act, which appeared to him most offensive to God and man. This conduct may be admitted as a proof of his being, at least, sincere in his religion professions, however he may be the dupe of his own visionary delusions.

Mrs. Green being greatly distressed for the money due to her from Mr. Brothers, applied to the work house board of the United Parishes of St. Margaret's and St. John's the Evangelist, Westminster. The work-house board considering the distress she must suffer, as well as what appeared to them, the lamentable situation of our Prophet himself, resolved to receive him as a casual pauper. Agreeably to an order from the board, he was brought about a week after to the work-house. He entered the room with his hat on, and requested they would excuse his taking it off, as that homage he considered only due to the Almighty.

At first he appeared offended with his examination; but being desired to take a chair, his good temper returned. He then took off his hat, and said, he knew when he was treated with that respect his character demanded. In this instance, he appears to have refused taking off his hat, more from ideas of personal consequence, than any peculiar homage he meant to reserve for the Almighty. His examination containing sentiments which serve to display his temper, and the state of his mind, we insert it as follows. Pray, sir, do you know the reason of your being brought to this house? Indeed I do not. All that I know of the matter is, that I was brought in a very rough manner; but as external objects affect me but little, I acquiesce.

I think, sir, you are in his Majesty's service?

You are mistaken, I resigned two years since. I am in the service of a Prince, the greatest and most potent. A Prince, in whose service my wages will be certain; but his kingdom is not of this world. What, sir, was your reason for resigning your commission; Disgust; I conceived the military life to be totally repugnant to the duties of christianity, and that I could not conscientiously receive the wages of plunder, bloodshed, and murder.

How did you imagine that you could live without your pay, and that pay, which, from your character and appearance, we should suppose with honour to yourself and advantage to your country? Therefore I rejected. I observed before, that it was impossible for a military man to take his pay with a safe conscience; I trust the matter I serve will not suffer me to want. I shall, in a few days, receive a sum more than sufficient to pay this woman's debt, ten times over.

Pray, sir, have you ever been a house-keeper? I cannot absolutely say I have not; I once agreed for a house and was two mouths in possession; but as a very melancholy idea comes across my mind when I think of that period, I hope you will not press me further upon that question.

Certainly we shall not. We understand, sir, that you were born in America? I was, in the town of Placentia, in Newfoundland; I have not a friend or relation in this part of the world.

Where did you lodge before you came to Westminster? In Bridewell precinct.

You will excuse us, sir, we mean it not as impertinent, but as a necessary question; What did you pay weekly? I am above that false pride which thinks from inquiry, I will answer any question you please to put to me.

I have always endeavoured to live within the bounds of my income -- narrow as they were; but you may suppose, that out of nominally 3s, but really 2s. 10d. per day, I could not afford any superb lodgings. In fact, I paid 2s. 6d. per week for my room.

[The conclusion of the anecdotes of Mr. Brothers are promised in the succeeding number of the Register of the Times, which has not yet been received by the American editors.]
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ancien Regime