Tarikh-i Firoz Shahi, of Ziaud Din Barni/Shams-i Siraj 'Afif

That's French for "the ancient system," as in the ancient system of feudal privileges and the exercise of autocratic power over the peasants. The ancien regime never goes away, like vampires and dinosaur bones they are always hidden in the earth, exercising a mysterious influence. It is not paranoia to believe that the elites scheme against the common man. Inform yourself about their schemes here.

Re: Tarikh-i Firoz Shahi, of Ziaud Din Barni/Shams-i Siraj '

Postby admin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 pm

ELEVENTH SECTION

In the Description of the Fact that during the Reign of Firoz Shah the Mongol Incursions have stopped.

All the intelligent people of Sind and Hind have observed that during the auspicious reign of Firoz Shah, incursions of Chengiz Khan's Mongols have absolutely stopped. Neither has it been possible for them to cross the borders for the purposes of looting and plundering nor do they come with protestations of sincerity and well wishing and get away with enormous treasures, taking recourse to one ruse or the other. Though they did venture twice and even once crossed the river Sodhra and entered those territories, some of the armies of Islam confronted these villains and with divine help, which always accompanies the royal standards of Firoz Shah, some of those rabbles were killed and many taken as prisoners. Those taken into custody were put on camels with pillories in their necks and were taken to the capital and paraded there. Some of these while retreating and taking to flight in a condition when they could not distinguish between hand and foot and between rein and a crupper, were drowned while trying to cross the river Sodhra. Again when the Mongols tried to capture Gujarat and reached the region by forced marches, some of them died due to nonavailability of water and others perished at the hands of the armies of Islam while some others were destroyed in the night attack launched by the muqaddams of Gujarat. Even one-tenth of the wretched Chehgezid Mongols could not reach the borders again.

Lord Almighty had vouchsafed divine victory to the Sultan of the age and time, Firoz Shah al Sultan, may Allah perpetuate his power and authority. Wherever royal standards and his servants go, they are always victorious and triumphant.

I, Zia ud din Barani, the author of the Tarikh-i Firoz Shahi, have brought the history to this point with the description of the victories of the standard of Islam. The annals and events of the Sultan of the age and time that I witnessed during the period of six years, I have penned it to the best of my abilities in eleven chapters. God willing, if I live any more and if I get some respite from death, the annals and events of the reign of the Sultan of the age and time that I will witness, other chapters will be added to these chapters and I include it in the Tarikh-i Firoz Shahi. However, if death overtakes me, the glories and excellence of the lord of the world will surely not remain unrecorded. I have undergone much trouble in the writing of this book and I hope that the Almighty will not let my exertion go waste. He had said in the exalted Qur'an 'Allah does not waste the reward of those who do good.' Praise be to Allah and peace on Muhammad and his entire progeny.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ancien Regime